• edited June 2019
    86) So working with some anti-cheat stuff, I'm trying to create a script that does the following:

a) on start to Remove all items from specific item types (for example Armor and Weapons)

b) scan a list that I will have already created for the player (saved as a private List ItemsList = new List();) from a personal repository.

c) Add all items in that list back to player's inventory.

The created list will contain unique IDs for each weapon/armor plus their quantity

I'm trying to create this kind of script so I can call it as a function from any event I need (after loading for example)
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 86) Hm, you can already do that without any custom scripting using a global event that uses:
    - Remove Item Type node to remove all items/equipment/etc. of defined item types
    - Add To Inventory to add the items you want
    I'm not sure if you mean by unique IDs ORK's ID/index or a custom system?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2019
    yeah, the created list will have some unique IDs so I 'll need to say if that ID is there then add this weapon x quantity, I thought it would be easier via a custom script.

it would be handy if you can add a node to remove all items of a specific item type (so when I add new weapons/armor to not have to update these events). :)
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • If you want to do it via script, you can do so via the combatant's inventory - it can be accessed via:
    combatant.Inventory
    combatant is the combatant who's inventory is accessed. If you want to access the player's inventory, you can do it like this:
    ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader.Inventory

The inventory class contains different methods for adding/removing or getting content from the inventory, e.g. RemoveItemType to remove stuff by item type.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2019
    76) registering on inventory changed works fine when 1 item drops, when multiple items drop with this script attached (that registers to the same handler) it gets confusing and it might get mistaken returns (like different item names etc) and I'm trying to create a queue list on another script and it does double entries when more than 1 items are dropped in ground and I pick one it adds as many as the dropped items with the script are on the ground (yes I unsubscribe from the handler on destroy)

Is there any way to have this work with multiple items dropped with the same register script?

87) I'm trying to implement custom crafting (from events) but I can't see how I can replicate the Menu Screen to be able to show the recipe with ingredients etc, am I missing something? Mainly I need to run an event after the creation of specific items, but I see there is no option for that so I m thinking event system can help
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 76) It's fired whenever something changed, i.e. removing stuff is when the quantity is negative. If e.g. 10 potions are dropped it'd be notified as -10 quantity.

87) Try using selected data:
    - use a Select Item node to select all crafting recipes
    - use a Selected Data Choice node to display them and store the selected recipe into another selected data, which can be used further
  • 88) It seems that in Weapons Levels, even if Add previous levels is unchecked, it still adds the status value of the previous levels (for example I have 30 str on lvl1, 50 on lvl2, 80 on lv3 and when it goes from 1 to lvl3 directly it ends up with 160 str).

Also if I set the leveling to Auto and the experience to level up the weapon to EXP (same as leveling the player) can the weapon initialized to be at the level regarding players total EXP points at the time of the pick up? and keep leveling along with the player
  • 88) As stated in the help text of the setting, this only applies to newly created equipment at that level. Leveling up will still keep the previous bonuses.

No, equipment can't match the player's total exp on pickup - also, only equipped equipment receives exp.
  • 89) Can I have the player prefab inside an equipment menu screen (so I can see the armor changes etc.) ?
  • 89) Yes you can - check out the prefab view portraits.
  • edited November 2019
    90) a 5% Percentage on status effects is still shown as +5 on tooltips, is there a way to separate value from the percentage on the tooltips when using %bonus?

edit: answer to my question: had to add a % to the %svp :)

edit2: it needs the added texton the positive change text :) but it doesn't take % I guess it triggers the textcodes, #percent it is :)

BTW, is there any way to show the custom bonus in the tooltips? for example I have a 1.2 factor exp bonus on one of the status effects (20% more exp).
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • No, custom bonuses are currently not included in the %bonus text - but you can just manually add it to the description :)
  • 91) seems like if you have a Main Menu screen that has more category menu screens in it, and you have selected the "Close all" with a button press, it doesn't work if the category menu screen is a global even, so it doesn't close with that key.

My issue is to be able to close a dialogue from an event pressing a key, also wait for input inside the event doesn't seem to work if the dialogue has choices (can't add it somewhere to wait for input)
  • 91) Uh ... close all button press? I'm not sure I follow where/what that is :)
  • 91) I meant in the Menu Screen-> Use Close key -> Close all checked