• 91) Ah, ok ... so, you have multiple menu screens open, some of them opened via global events, and they're not closing when using one of the screen's close button that should close all?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah exactly :)
  • Hm, I've tested it with such a setup and closed the screens correctly ... must be something specific to your setup, so I'll either need to know more details or have a Unity test project to check it out :)
    Might it be that your closing key also calls other menu screens maybe even via a global event?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 91) well sorry didn't read your previous question very well. So I have a global event as a menu screen (so the Main menu screen that has many menu screens in it), I'd like to open a global event as a menu screen (which is a show dialogue with choice event) and when I press escape to close that global event as well (which acts like a menu screen for me). I tried it with 2 ways: 1) put the Menu Item type as a global event. and 2) have the Menu Item type as Menu Screen and using the open game event of the specific Menu Screen to open the global event.
  • Yeah ... menu screens only close menu screens, so your choice dialogue will not be closed by that.
  • edited December 2019
    92) of value input node, when selecting a horizontal buttons for number input, it misses a change value and it seems that it changes like 10% of the total quantity (using minimum/maximum value).

my setup:

https://ibb.co/mRMdBs0

coinBalance is a float
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 92) Yeah ... sounds about right.
    Will add an option to set the change value, as it currently is set to 1/10th of the value range :)
  • edited December 2019
    93) Also, a "Re-equip" node would be handy (re-equip items that unequipped by "unequip" node (if they still exist on player's inventory

94) in shop layout, when you add a back button (even custom) inside a sell/buy type, it has the gold icon in it
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 93) Use a Select Equipment node before unequipping to store the equipment in selected data. You can use that data to reequip it :)

94) In the List Box settings? Where/how did you define the gold icon?
  • edited December 2019
    95) Add experience reward and collect battle gains doesn't seem to work, I have a very old reset skills event that adds Ability Points (like experience) and stopped working. Just to be sure I just had 2 nodes, 1 with add exp and the collect battle gains (collect expirience checked) and it didn't work.

Changed it to change status value and add it this way, but still seems like a bug

96) Can we have an Auto Save node that saves on the save slot specified? The autosave node that saves only on the autosave doesn't help in situations that I d like to prevent save/load exploit
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 95) Check your Loot Dialogue settings in Battle System > Battle End, there have been some changes in recent updates.
    Also, are you using this outside of battle?

96) If you're saving over the player's save game you can already just use the auto save slot instead of having the player select save game files to save to. The auto save slot can still only save if the player wants to save, e.g. using the Auto Save save point type or event system (to display a choice dialogue before saving).
  • edited January 2020
    96) I'd like to have 1 Save Slot, which players go to the NPC and save/load by selecting it in the save game menu, and I'm trying to use this Save Slot also in events to save without players permission so I eliminate some exploits. So this is why I need an auto save node but for the manual save slot.

If I use the auto save instead of a save slot, the save game menu cannot be appeared I believe.

97) want to implement an auto-walk for the player, and the easier way would be to hold W down until another button is pressed, is it possible with the node system?
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 96) You can still have that, just instead of using the save game menu, you can e.g. use a normal dialogue to let the player save to the auto save slot.

97) No, but if you're using ORK input keys for your player controls, you could set the input via code.
  • 96) the issue is for the current players if I do that they lose their manual save slot :S let me know if it's possible to include that node or I'll see what I can do with them :)
  • 96) Yeah ... no, not adding that node - mainly for overall system design reasons. That's not something that should be done like this (design-wise), and there's the auto save slot system for this.
    You can do it via scripting, though:
    ORK.SaveGame.Save(index);
    index is the index of your save game, e.g. 0 would be the first file, 1 the 2nd file, etc.
    Alternatively, your players could rename their save game files from e.g. savegame0.save to savegameAUTO.save.