• But wait, there's more :D
    • Game Controls: Collision Camera
      The new, universal, collision camera settings can be used with all built-in and custom controls, and is even active during blocked camera controls and events (i.e. also while event camera changes).
      Uses raycasts to check for objects between player and camera and places the camera accordingly.
      You can either automatically add one using the game settings, or add one manually with different settings.
    • Event System: Camera Steps
      The new Collision Camera step simply allows you to enable/disable the collision camera.
      Requries the Collision Camera component attached to the camera.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Whoa! Could this possibly be developed into something along the lines of a day/night cycle?
  • You could have done that already with float game variables based on game time or counters, but now you can tie it to the real time as well :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Would it be possible to make a quick tutorial on using float variables for that?
  • And other new stuff coming in tomorrows release:
    • Event System: Spawn Steps
      The new Destroy Object step destroys whatever object you selected (actor, waypoint, etc.) - also supports destroying after time.
      Just watch out if you destroy the event's object before the event ends, that can bring the event to a halt :)
    • Game Events: Actors
      The new Starting Object actor type uses the game object that started the event.
      In most cases, that will be the player - but if you're using the Start by Other option in event interactions, that could be anyone.
      Also, you can now optionally use the root of an object as actor - in combination with using a child object, the child will be searched from the root. This is useful when an event is started by a child object of the actual object (e.g. when triggering a Start by Other event with the interaction controller).
    • Editor
      The drag bar positions are now saved each time you close the editor. Previously that was only done when saving the data.
      Also, the remembered sections will be reset the first time you open the editor after this update (due to changes in how this data is saved).

@Griffin
    Currently, you can use Global Events with event type Auto (i.e. they'll be executed periodically, e.g. every second). In the used game event, you simply change float variables that handle your time.

E.g. if 1 minute in the game is 1 second in real time, you increase the float variable minute by 1 every second. When the minute variable reached 60, increase hour by 1 and reset minute to 0 (same with hour when it reaches 24).
    Now you have a simple event that handles your in-game day time - and if you want to base stuff on that, you can simply check for the hour+minute with variable conditions :)
  • edited June 2014
    Double-post, whoops.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited June 2014
    Nice on the local time float! I've had a few ideas bouncing around that might make use of that.

Edit: whoa, I was just looking at the first page.

Good additions all around! Starting Object actors is a good one, I can make some use of that...

Good editor change as well; saving the bar positions was one of the best QoL changes; it saved me from having to scroll down pages and pages of menu elements every time I had to test...
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • Wow great GiL! Awesome updates!

(PS: about my event file on my issue, today i'm not at home, i will send it to you tomorrow! ^_^ )
  • edited June 2014
    Great news! really looking forward to the barriers too, needed that for a shield system and you just made it happen. Thanks for all your hard work

The real date and time system... that's genius!

:D /brainstorm

hehehe so basically you could use this type of real date system to evaluate how long a player has left since last played and setup forms of progress like in fable 2 with offline earning you would still earn the taxes over time of albion.

!!! You could have characters that need extra training or something train while you're sleeping and when you reload your game they've leveled their skills

hahaha or a more evil one. I loved how fable 1 had you became a wrinkled old man over time. You could force a player to age no matter what. lol You have 1week to finish the game lolol If not the character dies of old age whether your in-game or not, if they reload too late your character is dead.... Although I think I'm one of the only few who would enjoy that..

so many possibilities

/brainstorm
    Post edited by SteveS on
  • Update coming later today!

@SteveS
    Yeah, absolutely possible :)
  • And here it is: release notes
  • Seems like one of the best updates yet for the number of things that affect me. :D Looking forward to trying it after I wake up!
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • GiL, the speed of your updates are simply amazing, and not only that, the qualitiy of each update is just fanbalous.
  • Aw snap! Grabbing this update right now.
  • :D

Awesome!