• Unity apha/beta versions are not supported - if you can't normally download it via the asset store, I'd try dowloading it in a previous Unity version (e.g. using a new 2019.3 project) and just copy the folder over to your other project.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It just took a little bit for the package to appear on the package manager for the alpha.
    After 24 hours it finally appeared. Now to just sit back work and wait for the glorious Orkframework 3.

Is there any chance we might be able to get a small list of changes to hype us for the update. Honestly Makinom 2 is alone a great update. Granted I think I remember seeing somewhere it won't come till March, but I am sure it will be an amazing update.
  • I'll talk about ORK 3 changes once I start working on it later this year :)
    Generally, since it'll be based on Makinom 2 (or rather require it), it'll also have all the changes from that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 1) Wouldn't having 50 Huds negatively impact the performance?
    [JMR looks on the answer about ORK 3 UI]

Would Ork 3 feature a possibility to completely hide unused horizontal shortcuts? If so I would just use a placeholder UI before it comes out.

3) So is it possible in Dynamic combat to force enemies to adhere to the enemy/ player turn order and AP economy, but when there are a few of enemy turns in a row to have enemies turns be animated at the same time? The results of enemy actions would be the same as if Dynamic combat wasn't used, it's just animation that would play at the same time.

The same system of Simultaneous turns was used in ToEE in order to make combat animate faster and to get around the biggest disadvantage of TB system : waiting periods when enemies move.
  • 1) Yeah, that would impact performance.
    Actually, if your HUD's GUI box has Cursor Over disabled, you can still click the shortcuts but clicks outside of them (e.g. a hidden empty slot) would go through.

3) No, that's not possible. Dynamic combat is just going through the turns in the regular order, but a combatant that's currently in action will be left out, so they'll be effectively out of the turn order while performing actions.
  • I actually ran into the issue with Dreamwalker23. When I updated my main menu stopped working even without changing anything.

Tried restarting Unity like he said and isn't coming back. The UI appear, but the buttons aren't working correctly. When I hit load game it properly pulls up the load game menu and stuff, but the new game button when clicked takes away the main menu and does nothing.
  • 1) I need to have tool tip over abilities, so the player can easy access to information. But as a placeholder this could do fine.

Would Ork 3 feature a possibility to completely hide unused horizontal shortcuts? If so I could just wait out the problem until it disappears :)

2) I tested Temporary Cell Event. They are a great addition! Found a bug, through. When you use AoE ability that has Temporary Cell Event it's only added to the Selected Origin Cell, not all Selected Cells.

3) How would you go about removing prefabs spawned on Temporary Cell Event such as fire particles when event ends?
  • @jonathanwestfall
    Which Unity version are you using?
    If it's 2019.3, make sure that the Unity UI package is imported in your project (Unity package manager).

@JMR
    1) Hm, yeah, that setup doesn't show tooltips ... I'll look into that.

2) That's something you have to do in your battle event yourself. Use a Store Grid Cells node to get cells around the target via a battle range (template) and use the found cells in the temporary cell event node.

3) Hm, maybe via an event on the prefabs, using the Has Temp. Cell Event node to check if the event is still on the cell?
  • 1) Thanks :)
  • 2) Works!
    3) It works only if there is a single event cell. When I set up cell event that lasted 2 turns, activated number 1 in first turn, activated number 2 in second turn, then when in 3rd turn the first event prefab should disappear, it stayed. Only in 4 the turn both prefab have disappear.

It also looks like the first event stayed until prefab disappeared. I guess it was caused by the fact that cell object became a global object, so when I create the second effect it reseted the first timeclock?

Is there a way to create global object +1?