• It's something I'd like to implement, yes - it should also generally be a bit better due to restructuring of a lot of settings :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • SK1SK1
    edited March 2020
    Many of the magic abilities, weapons, items and formulas set now, AI, can still be used in ORK3?
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • edited March 2020
    As said, I'll provide an upgrade tool later down the road and most data will be transfered to ORK 3, but there's no guarantee that all of it will be usable. Since there'll be a complete change in data serialization and in many of the settings classes, this will all have to be implemented manually and can't just load your old data :)

If you're already in active development of your game, I'd recommend to stay with ORK 2. I wouldn't expect an official ORK 3 release before next year.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So question when you reach a point for alpha or beta on orkframework 3 can your customers buy am alpha key to one support the project and two to give early feedback? I think I speak for some people that we would love an early key to buy and test it out.

I know alpha and beta looks and features could change, but I be willing to pay for an early access key when it comes to a usable point in the next few months.
  • No, they can't - there'll be a public beta available once it reached that point (like there was with ORK 2). I don't know yet if that'll be a full version or have certain limits like the free test version.

Generally, ORK 3 will be part of the ORK update cycle, i.e. you'll get a free upgrade if purchased within a year of release.
  • Just a quick heads-up, Makinom 2 beta is a bit delayed but should be ready next week.
    I'm still working on some changes that'd otherwise require you to restart from scratch with new beta versions.

Also, the node editor now has block selection and node groups :)
  • All I need to see was beta next week and block selection with node groups to be happy.
  • Block selection and node group are awesome! Phew can't believe the node editor has come so far. Now if only there is also a live debugging, so my life can be made so much simpler when looking at my huge schematics to see why it is not working :D
  • It's so cool to hear that Makinom 2 is ready for beta. Is this patron only or public access beta release for this time?
  • It'll be a public beta - I need as much feedback as possible :D
  • A public beta is very welcomed from the community. Thank you for looking out for us.