I was wondering if it is possible to show a list of abilities a character has learned in a HUD?

I want to use it for a status screen, so the player can hover over all the status values and read the tooltip about those and do the same for the abilities.

Alternatively I could try to figure something out with the abilities menu part, but I'm not sure if I can make it so the abilities aren't actual buttons.
  • You can create one in Menu Screen-> Ability Tree, however I don't think you can make abilities be not buttons. Maybe if you create an alternative ability tree for menu, with unlearnable abilities and option enabled in ability tree menu to show abilities that can't be learned?
  • Hm, theoretically, you should be able to do this by using an Ability menu part and setting the Default Action to None.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So I used the ability menu part, I just have an issue with the menu being active or not.

If the menu part isn't active, the tooltips don't show up. This isn't a problem for the status values. I can only get it active by clicking on it, the 'Cursor over' setting of the GUI box doesn't seem to change much.

I could solve it by having that menu be the only one that needs to be active and add a custom back button, but I'm not sure how I'd separate the passive and active abilities in 2 columns next to each other. This would also mean the abilities stay in the tooltip screen, while the Status value tooltips disappear after moving away the mouse.

It would be easiest if I could make the abilities menu part available for Mouse Over to have the tooltips appear, but otherwise impossible to interact with. The 'Back' button I have also has to get reactivated by clicking on it, after another menu part is activated. Any ideas?
  • Try enabling Select Unfocused in the Choice Settings > Choice Selection of the GUI box.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!