edited June 2014 in General Discussion
This is my idea:

You reach lvl 70(Max lvl), (When u reach lvl 70 a message should appear saying "check you menu for a new prestige").
In menu appears a button "LvL up prestige", if you click a text box appears telling you what happens if u continue with this, and 2 buttons "I want to LvL up prestige", "Cancel".
If you press "Cancel" it goes back, but if you press "I want to Lvl up prestige" ur lvl goes down to 1, the stats (atk, def, etc), the items that you have equipped that aren't for your lvl get unequipped, in menu u have lvl 1 but upper should appear prestige lvl 1, deppending of your prestige level a icon should appear in front of the prestige lvl in the menu.
I want like when a player lvl up the prestige lvl he gets exclusive rewards like (items, better stats like (+5 atk), etc), and maybe itens taht u can only buy or get if u met dar prestige level requeriment.

Note: prestige could be some kind of sub level i think.

• edited June 2014
    I think it can be done with some planning, but you should work it out by youserlf.. Lets say:
    Reach target level - choice dialogue - inizialize - change class with different stats growth and items available..
    Post edited by Kaemalux on
  • edited June 2014
    I'm working on this but i have a doubt, how can i make a abilitie or an item put my lvl to 1?
    Or when I'm with 0 exp the lvl automatically refresh's to 1.
    Post edited by jarc1995 on
  • edited June 2014
    This is fairly easily done with events the way Kaemalux suggested. Just make it a global event to prompt the message, and option in the menu, and you're good to go.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Would you mind explaining me step by step?

Whit my best regards.
  • Goes like this:
    - create a game event that displays your dialogues and resets the level (you can use the Initialize to Level step in the Status Steps for that).
    - set up a global event (in the World section of the editor) that uses this event, doesn't need any special settings, event type Call is enough.
    - in your item, set Useable In to Field - now you're able to call the global event with the item (Global Event settings a little bit further down in the item's use settings).

You can also use the game event to do other things you may want to do for your prestige levels, e.g. adding extra bonuses to status values after resetting the level, or changing class, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2014
    I'm making a bottun in the "Menu Screens" called "Prestige" it only appears if you have 100000 exp, when pressed it automatically uses an item that gives u +1 prestige and - other stats(like xp and atk...) but I can't get the item being used automatically.
    Solved

Instead I can chose what item I want to be used...
    Solved

My item even isn't showing when I'm asked to chose one.
    This is because i need to have the item on my inventory to use it, how i can change this?

Solved

And how can i make a item, when you comsume that item it will give you other ramdom items (some kind of ramdom luck box "reward of lvl up your prestige lvl").
    Solved

I can't make the dialogue appears when you reach maxlvl/exp, the dialogue only appears after I call it using the global event.

Another problem is, I start the game with lvl 99 i use the prestige lvl up global event without problems (before i use it in the menu status shows that i have lvl 0 prestige, and after I use it, appears prestige lvl 1 (is working)), but when i lvl up again to 99 and use the global event prestige for a second time, the prestige lvl in status menu is 1 and it should be 2 ( but it gives me the item of lvl 2 prestige).
    (I think i need a formula to resolve this one, I already tryed a lot of formulas no one worked, I also dont know were i should put the formula usage, it can be on the stat or in the event).

Here is a print screen of my Event:
    http://i.gyazo.com/e9c8093152c7823f7640806e8d7ce47a.png
  • Currently, you can use Global Events to do this - create a game event that checks your player's level and displays your dialogue for reaching max lvl. Use that in a global event with Event Type set to Auto. Now you can define a timeout in which the event will be started regularly (e.g. every 60 seconds).

What are the settings of the prestige status value, is it a Normal type value, what are it's min/max values, etc. :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2014
    Here is the Prestige status:
    http://i.gyazo.com/6fb1b3903a746a677d64561facfdc0d4.png

I have one more problem/bug, if in the end of the battler the exp that i win can lvl up me more than 1 level is only level me up 1 level. (example im level 1 i win a battle i win a lot of exp, i can go for lvl 5 with that exp, but in the end i only go to lvl 2, to go to lvl 5 I need to use potions or be affected by a status effect or start another battle and being atacked it refreshs the level :D)
  • Should actually be working like that (and did in a quick test) - are the other things in the event happening? Maybe the first Check Status step doesn't end in Success ...

The bug with only one level up at a time will be fixed in the next update :)
  • Here is a print screen of the status check:
    http://i.gyazo.com/ca41285f2025759d8174bb44f2bcd517.png

I don't think that is something wrong with this.
  • Does any of the other event steps change the prestige level?
    Like I said, the step changing it is working like that (and worked for me).
  • edited June 2014
    Yes it works but when I use it a second time it keeps saying that in lvl 1 prestige...
    There is a print:
    http://i.gyazo.com/230a53487514f90f0a5d178f175ebab2.png
  • Ah ... just realized the problem - since you're using a Initialize to Level step, this will also reset your Prestige Level status value back to it's initial value (most likely 0).

You need to store your current prestige level in a game variable before resetting the level. You can use a simple formula (that only adds the prestige level) to store it into a float variable with a Change Game Variables step. After initializing, you can set the Value Type in the Change Status Value to Game Variable and use the variable to reset to the previous prestige level. Now you only need to increase it by one :)
  • Can you explain it step by step please?
  • First, create a formula that only adds the user's prestige level.

Now, in the event, before the Initialize to Levelstep:
    - add a Change Game Variablestep, set a float variable (i.e. operator Set) with value type Formula and use the formula you created previously
    - before the Change Status Value step that increases the prestige level, add another Change Status Step, where you Set (operator) the prestige level using the value type Game Variable and use the variable you just stored the prestige level