edited June 2020 in ORK Support
I need to achieve a diablo style click to attack system. When Clicking on an enemy combatant, Player run to him (if out of range) then attack the target. I can achieve basic movements and attacks, But I don't know how to get the target by clicking on him. Looking for help :)

I have one more small question.

Is there a way to add set bonuses to armors and weapons? Ex: When equip Leather boots and Short sword, Increase MaxHP by 200 (2set bonus). For the bonus, both needs to be equipped.
Post edited by Malith on
  • You can use a Control Map for that. Set up an input key for the mouse click input and use it in a control key. Enable Only Cursor Over Target and Use Corsor Over Target to only use the action when the cursor is over a target and use it as the action's target.
    Running to the target would be done in the battle event of the attack.

Currently, set bonuses for equipment would need to be set up as status effects. You can either add the effect to one of the equipments and use the requirements settings there to only apply when the other things are equipped, or use the effect's Auto Apply settings, setting up the conditions there.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2020
    @gamingislove Thank you so much for the help.

I have another issue when using Base Attack Ability. I'm using event calculation for the damage calculation. (Not damage dealers) When player attacking enemies, most of the attacks not calculating damage. (But every hit spawn particles and sound effects). When Enemy attacking all hits land on player perfectly and calculating damage.

I wonder why this is happening. I tried increasing wait time after calculation but no luck. I'm using hold mouse click for attacking.
    Post edited by Malith on
  • Are both using the same ability?

Might be that the attack is working, but you've set up the damage flying texts (in the status value) to only show on the player.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2020
    Yes both using the same ability. Issue was i had Auto damage dealers enabled in Event Settings.

I'm using ORK Navmesh Mouse controller. When Area Notification and Loot Notification pop up, I can't click through the notification to move the player. Can I set up ignore Raycast in specific GUI Boxes? And sometimes when notification appears player movement animation suddenly stop. But player still move without a animation.

And I want to create a skill tree, Like spend points and learn skill. What is the best way to achieve this?
    Post edited by Malith on
  • Disable Cursor Over in GUI boxes to stop them from blocking the clicks.

Check out ability trees (Status > Ability Trees) or research trees (Combatants
    > Research Trees
    ). There are also menu screen parts for both.
  • edited July 2020
    Thank you @gamingislove

Is there a way to make a Key-mapping system? (Key-mapping option menu) or changing input keys in game?
    Post edited by Malith on
  • No, ORK is an RPG framework, not an input framework :)

However, you can use 3rd party input solutions that support that and use them in ORK via the Custom input origin in input keys.