With player control blocked, it seems like my player continues moving endlessly in the original direction after jumping to the battle spot. I have seen some other posts to do with root motion and it is disabled here. When battle starts, I want the player to lose control, jump to the battle spot, and not be able to move at all
  • Which player controls are you using, one of the built-in or a custom control?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • When combat starts, I simply want the player to be placed in the Battle Spot and lose control until they attack. When I try to use a Custom Controller, the player is able to move freely during combat, even after setting up the custom control parameters. When I use the built in ORK controls, the player hits combat, jumps to the battlespot, and keeps moving in the direction, often breaking the combat because of the distance between targets.

On a separate but related note, I'm trying to figure out a way to edit the ORK built in controls so player does not actually rotate and turn as you walk towards the target (IE Paper Mario)
  • When using custom controls, you need to let ORK know about them - learn more in this how-to. ORK will disable the components you define when the controls are blocked, so as long as that'll disable your controls, that should work.

Which built-in control are you using, and how are you moving the combatants to their spots?
    E.g. if there's a continuing rigidbody force involved, that might just keep moving the game object.

To modify the built-in controls, you'll have to modify them in ORK's source code (included in the full version) and rebuild the ORKFramework.dll file. Alternatively, you can copy the controls and create a separate control component with your changes and treat it as a custom control.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks GIL, I was able to fix the controls. It had to do with having the Prefab set to a child object (when the main object had the controller). However, the player character does not spawn in the "player" combatant spot when combat begins, rather just seems to keep its place relative to where it hit the box collider to trigger combat. I currently have a separate battle arena set up, the enemies jump to their position fine but the player moves to a position only after attacking
  • Basically I'm trying to have the enemies AND player jump to predetermined spots. It seems like ORK remembers where I collided with the sphere to start the battle and references that point as the player base from then on. Any ideas on this? :)
  • If your moving combatant isn't actually the root of the prefab, try the Child As Root setting in the combatant's prefab settings to define the child object as used root.

When fighting in a different scene, make sure to spawn all combatants (e.g. as described in this tutorial).
    You can also try adding a Wait node after spawning (small wait time of 0-0.1 seconds should be enough) and use a Place At Spots node afterwards.
  • Hi again, tried a few variations of changing those effects with no results yet. The closest thing I've come is adding the Player as a combatant in the Battle Event object along with the enemies. Then two Players spawn and control is not blocked on the one spawned through the battle event. When the scene is loaded the original player seems to insist on spawning at the edge of the trigger sphere
  • I was able to figure it out. I had to un-check Battle Spots in the actual battle object but spawn in place during the event.