• Here's a weird one: updated our project from 2.26 to current.

A few battle events have gone completely blank when I open then, and they register as blank as well when run.

I open them in an old version of the project, and they seem perfectly normal, nothing particularly weird, nothing that stands out. The event asset itself still has the data on it if I open it via notepad++.

But for some reason, ORK is just literally drawing a blank. Luckily an easy fix since the three battle events weren't particularly complex, but worrying! Any ideas?

I can toss you the asset as well if you'd like to take a look!
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @Kirb
    Yeah, that's strange - could you send an event assets where that happens?
    Also, do you get any errors/warnings in the Unity console when opening them?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Just tried again; no errors or warnings, which is weird!

I'll toss you the asset via email when I can!
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Found a bug where in order to open the Event Tab in ORK Framework Window, you have to force save previous changes.

When i click on the Event tab, it asks me to save changes, but i dont want to save those changes. So i click on cancel then reload settings. Then i click on Event tab and it asks me to save the changes, what changes? i just reloaded the settings.

It wont let me open the Event tab until i save the changes.

you may check video recording here : http://www.mediafire.com/file/5gyvpyogt3vwt27/ORK+Changing+to+Event+tab+requires+saving+changes.mp4/file
  • @BadlySynced
    That's common behaviour - depending on what you currently have open in the ORK editor it might initialize some settings you're not using to default values, which is registered as changes even though you didn't actively changed anything.
    In these cases you can just save them to continue, or directly open an event asset via e.g. double clicking on it or opening it via an event interaction.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • If you make a menu button list and include a description menu, the "name" of the menu button will not show up under "%n" (which is text of the selected choice) or any of the other text code. The description of the menu button shows up fine under "%d". So I figure this might be a bug.
  • @Dre788
    Strange, working fine here.
    If there's no actual description (e.g. defined for the button) it'll not show the description part unless you enable Always Visible, though.
  • edited October 2020
    @gamingislove
    Opps, I know what I did wrong. I set up the "content" to only display the icon and I put the text in "info". How silly of me to not realize this sooner.

Edit: Okay, I get it now. Description Title "%n" is only displayed if there is text in the "content type". But this creates a problem if you only want to display an icon for items instead of text. The item name will not show up in the description title.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • So ... your buttons have a name and icon, but you only show the icon via the content layout?
    Yeah, that'll not leave a name for the description, as that's taking the text that's on the button.
    I'll look into it.
  • @gamingislove
    Thanks for the reply. Another potential issue I ran into. If you open the combatant selection menu before you call a menu and attempt to close the selection menu via "close all menus" or simply open a different menu, the combatant selection menu doesn't close nor does any other menu open. The combatant select menu sorta gets stuck and I can no longer select it. This seems to only happen with the combatant selection menu.
  • edited October 2020
    Yeah ... that's probably happening.
    I'll check it out and fix it in the next update :)

Edit: Ok, I'll need more input here - since the combatant selection is blocking focus, menu screens can't be closed anyway.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • After messing around with things some more I notice the shop menu has the same behavior. This is what I'm doing:
    -I have gui buttons that "StartEvent" on EventInteractions objects when clicked
    -These events call a specific menu (status, party, equip, etc)
    -The menus close each other when a new one is opened via clicking the gui button
    -This rule doesn't seem to apply with combatant selection or shop menu (I imagine due to them being outside of the scope of "Menu Screen")

When I opened the demo project and noticed combatant selection blocks ork menus I realized I was doing something out side the scope of the intended behavior. With that said, an ability to close combatant selection or shop menu from event script could be useful.

On a side note, I fount an alternative to using combatant selection with the "Group" option in "Menu Screen". I needed a way to select a combatant to display the equip menu and I noticed Group allows you to call any menu screen and select a combatant before doing so. With a bit of adjustment I was able to seamlessly replicate the behavior of combatant selection now with the benefits of using a menu screen.
  • edited October 2020
    Hm, I'll investigate.

Edit: No, same behaviour - the combatant selection is a focus blocking dialogue, preventing the menu screen change as it should. You can still interact with it, e.g. cancel out of it.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Ork quit game function doesn't seem to work in my project:
    When i select the yes answer in the confirmation dialogue, the player combatant disappears and the controls are deactivated, but the unity game continues to run, so i have to resort on alt-f4 to close the application. Is this a bug or extra scripting is needed to completely close down the game?
  • @Vlastan
    If you're talking about the Exit Game menu option in Button List menu parts, that's used to exit the running game and load the main menu scene, not quit the application.
    You need to define a Main Menu Scene in Menus > Main Menu, otherwise it can't exit to the main menu.