Trying to make breakable boulders that one of my party characters can break with a punch in the field. Would I set environmental objects like this up as combatants?
  • That's probably the easiest way to do it - e.g. the rock breaking apart would just be the combatant's death battle event.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • How do I go about making them exist as combatants in the field?
  • You can use an Add Combatant component to add a combatant to any game object. Alternatively, use a Combatant Spawner.

Depending on how you start your battles, you may need to override the rock combatant's Auto Start Battles settings (in Battle Settings > Override Settings in the combatant's settings) to prevent starting a battle when coming near it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!