• edited July 2020
    Already implemented option to add tooltips to choices (and input options). Will be in the next beta :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Makinom 2 BETA 4 will most likely be available later this week - highlight of this beta version is the all new language export/import. More details upon release :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Makinom 2 BETA 4 is here!
    Grab the latest version on the beta page.

This update adds language export/import functionality, learn more about it in this how-to.
    There are now also more in-depth how-tos available for the new UI system and the Unity UI extension.
  • edited July 2020
    EDIT: Makinom.com is no longer being flagged. Problem solved!

Just a heads up, but Norton Antivirus flags Makinom.com as a "known dangerous webpage" with an extremely bright red ominous warning sign. Norton claims this message can result if a link on the Makinom.com page connects (maybe unwittingly) to another known dangerous page. There is an option for the webpage manager to submit Makinom.com for retesting, to clear up the issue. It may be worth looking into, because "known dangerous" sounds a lot more scary than "maybe dangerous!" I wouldn't want other Norton users to be frightened away from Makinom 2 when it comes out!
    Post edited by type4101 on
  • Makinom 2 BETA 5 is here!
    Same as BETA 4, but now also works in Unity 2020.1 and the new TMP 3.0.0 version.
    Download on the beta page.

@type4101
    Thanks for letting me know, I've disputed it with them and it was cleared within half a day. I don't really know why they'd flag it, though - all links go either to my own other sites (e.g. for ORK) or to Unity ...
  • Nice! 2 Update in a month. Still passionate about your work as always.
    And thank for the UI detail information, I had been confused about how to set up and use it properly.

A side topic: Did you change anything to the website? Because my Grammarly doesn't work here anymore.
  • No, just updated informations, nothing technical changed in the background :)
  • Was wondering if there was any update on Makinom 2 Beta 6. So, far been really enjoying the changes and looking forward to the next one.
  • There's been a short update on Makinom 2 in the latest devreport on Patreon.

Beta 6 will definitely break some things and will require you to manually rename some Unity meta files for the DLLs (they had to be renamed to work with the upgrade tool and not conflict with Makinom 1). There'll not really be any new features other than the interpolation system being redone and now open for custom extensions.

I'm currently working on the upgrade tool (Makinom 1 to Makinom 2), the next (and most likely final) beta will be available once that's done. I'm making good progress with the tool, now that I've found a good (or the best) way to handle it - but I still have to manually go through most of the settings, and I can't really test it before it's completely finished, since everything is connected with everyting :D
  • edited September 2020
    Are the upgrade tool is also for ORK 2 to ORK 3 in the future or is just exclusive for Makinom only?

Another question: Why are you remove the Object Variable ID that is randomly generated every time I add Object Variable component?

Now is just blank, at first I thought you had made a feature that we don't need to specify ID anymore but still get Object Variable saved in the file.
    I'm really excited when I think about it but after I test the save system, it doesn't get saved in the file ☹️
    Post edited by Night on
  • There'll also be an upgrade tool for ORK 2 to ORK 3 in the future.

I'll check it out - I didn't really remove that, might be a bug :)
  • I was wondering if there is any update on beta 6. The last update I seen was from July. Kind of curious if there is a roadmap update or anything to check on.
  • It got a bit delayed due me being involved in some projects (something's gotta pay the bills :D). Also, ORK 2.30.0 is around the corner.

As said previously, BETA 6 will come alongside the upgrade tool. I'm pretty confident that I've fixed/found most issues with it, but still have to find the time to test all my demo projects and check them thoroughly.
  • edited October 2020
    Makinom 2 BETA 6 is here!

This update adds an extensible interpolation system and CSV-based editor localization!
    There's also finally the Makinom Upgrade Tool available to upgrade your Makinom 1 projects to Makinom 2.

Please note: This update also breaks compatibility and restructures the folders of the Makinom 2 installation.
    I'd highly recommend to start a new project with this version!

As usual, you can download the update on the beta page.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • This look really good. You done such great work on the upgrade system and the new overall feel for it.