• Well, as soon as there are multiple combatants that are checked (e.g. checking the whole group or when the used object contains more than one combatant), all combatants have to pass the requirement check for the node to end in success.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!

• thank you for your reply and sorry for my error (do you want me to delete the message from the "bug" topic?

(Sio , I see, I thought the check was looking for who had in the group, the status applied.
    But then exactly, how do we find out if a single member of the group has a particular status applied?

e.g my player throws an ability on an enemy (TARGET), but this can only be achieved if at least 1 enemy in the group has poison status on him).
  • No need to delete it :)

There are 2 ways to do this:

1) Use the Store Combatants option in the Check Status node to store all combatants with valid conditions as found objects and use a Found Objects Count node afterwards to check if any combatant was stored (i.e. Is Greater 0).

2) Use a Select Combatant node with filters to select combatants with certain conditions and store them. Use a Selected Data Count node afterwards to check the count (like in #1).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2021
    I am using the battle grid and encountered this problem.
    While in play mode from the editor (haven't tried with a build yet) the move action sometimes doesn't move the actual combatant prefab.
    I use no combat animation, just a basic teleport.
    The problem seems to be tied to framerate, as i couldn't replicate the error while using the unity recorder (it just happens plenty of times while not recording and playing at 250+ fps).
    When it happens i can see the combatant prefab blinking for a frame and then reappearing at the same position. The selected grid cell becomes occupied and registers the combatant name as its occupant, but the actual prefab remains at the previous position.
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • @Vlastan
    Could you post more details about the batte event you're using for the grid move?
  • @gamingislove I just used the base grid move command with no battle event attached. I now added a battle event with proper animations and the issue doesn't occur anymore.
  • @Vlastan
    Ah, yeah, not using a battle event will only set the cell's combatant, but not do any position changes - that's what the battle events are used for :)
  • edited January 2021
    Min / Max values in a formula.

I have found in many instances if I set both a min. and a max. in a formula, the values do not work as I would expect (meaning result is less or more than min. / max.). If I only select one or the other, it works as intended. This is using the "Test Formula" within the formula window. I don't know if it is same when formula is actually used.

Is this a bug or should I not use both a min. and a max. at the same time?

I have found a work around by manually "setting" a value for the formula at end of calculations using "Check Formula Value" and then setting to either the min. or max. I was intending.

Thank you,
    Jeremy

P.S. Just an example. Using the "LUK" formula from the tutorial.
    User's LUK is 20, Target's Luck is 2. Formula with no limits is returning 54.5 (Level Factor formula is affecting slightly).

If I set Maximum value as 10, formula returns 10.

If I set Min. value to 1 and Max to 10, formula returns 54.5, whereas I would expect it should still have returned 10.

Post edited by jerm324 on
  • Uh, yeah ... that might be the case, will fix that in the next update.
    For now you can use the Minimum Value and Maximum Value nodes instead.
  • What could be causing this error? It happened only in built standalone game when I picked up item.
    I'm on an older version. 2.29.2

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantShortcutList.UpdateShortcuts () [0x000b1] in C:\Work\TheWayOfWrathRPG\Assets\ORK Framework\SourceCode\Gameplay\Combatants\Combatant\CombatantShortcutList.cs:78
    at ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantShortcuts.UpdateShortcuts () [0x00014] in C:\Work\TheWayOfWrathRPG\Assets\ORK Framework\SourceCode\Gameplay\Combatants\Combatant\CombatantShortcuts.cs:96
    at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>.invoke_void()
    at ORKFramework.Inventory.FireChanged () [0x00024] in C:\Work\TheWayOfWrathRPG\Assets\ORK Framework\SourceCode\Gameplay\Inventory\Inventory\Inventory.cs:251
    at ORKFramework.Combatant.Tick (System.Single time, System.Single battleTime) [0x00001] in C:\Work\TheWayOfWrathRPG\Assets\ORK Framework\SourceCode\Gameplay\Combatants\Combatant\Combatant.cs:1032
    at ORKFramework.CombatantHandler.Tick () [0x00028] in C:\Work\TheWayOfWrathRPG\Assets\ORK Framework\SourceCode\Handler\CombatantHandler.cs:79
    at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>.invoke_void()
    at ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick () [0x00065] in <04749f5db1584516958b98102179bf4e>:0
    at ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update () [0x00006] in <04749f5db1584516958b98102179bf4e>:0
  • @hellwalker
    Is this happening with 2.31.0 as well?
    There've been changes made here, so that might already have been fixed.
  • edited April 2021
    Is this an bug:
    When I set a color transition in the button prefab, if the GUIboxer where the buttons are located is focused for the first time, all the buttons will flash briefly. It's as if every button triggered the selected transition effect and then eliminated it immediately
    Post edited by Kuidream on
  • @Kuidream
    Yeah, it's something that's bugging me as well, but I haven't found a solution yet - will look into it again :)
  • edited April 2021
    In the Name Boxer Setting, once the show box is checked, the text alignment center will no longer work
    Post edited by Kuidream on
  • edited April 2021
    Edit: my original issue was that I kept losing saved changes while creating formulas, caused I think by unity auto-refresh being triggered while creating said formulas, so I've just disabled that option. I was wondering why ORK kept reloading old backups.

On that note, are backups created on a timer or are they created every time you save? I was wondering if it was possible to increase the frequency of backups as well.
    Post edited by Mochi on