Hello all,

is there a way to make an event use an object variable ?
i tried things but i can't get it to work so i thought maybe it was not possible ? i'm still quite a noob in using variables.

To be more precise i would like to be able to define a game variable value directly on objects in the scene. Then the event will use this value.
  • For object variables, use the Object variable origin (e.g. in a Change Game Variables node). With Use Object enabled, you can select the object you want to use, otherwise define the Object ID.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks,
    i somehow get it to work. in fact i did everything right, except that i defined the Variable Key as Game Variable instead of Value in the Object Variables.

Does anyone know why when leveling up my character EXP bar is filling from right to left instead of left to right ? (it looks like my empty bar color is filling up the bar)

Also i had to put really big number in my exp curve development to get my exp bar filling feels 'smooth'. Is there a way to do this in another way ? Since i don't want the game displaying 'Potatoe gets 985462 exp".
  • Check your experience status value's settings. The Display Settings have a Bar Filling setting for handling from which side the bar fills. There are also the Count to Value settings for fading the displayed value over time, making the bar filling smoother instead of just adding a chunk of exp.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • My exp bar is filling from left to right. It looks like it's filling from right to left ONLY when a level up has occured.
    I tried the Count to Value settings but it changed nothing. (getting 100exp, bar filling over 4s, it seems really chunky)
  • edited December 2020
    Ah, are you using From Minimum, i.e. exp is starting from 0 again on level up?
    That might be the case that it's fading back to a lower level in that case, I'll look into it.

As for it being chunky, that's simply largely depending on how much exp a full bar represents and how large the bar is.
    E.g. if a bar with 1000 pixel width represents 100 exp, 1 exp will be 10 pixel wide.

Edito: Also, in newer version's there's the Min. Update Timeout setting in Combatant HUDs to limit UI redraws. It should default to 0 (i.e. no limit), but if you e.g. set that it'd also lead to more chunky bar updates due to not updating UI each frame upon changes.
    Post edited by gamingislove on