This is a plugin related issue, but a little hint would be appreciated.

I'm currently changing Orc's variables to defend against memory cheating (using the anticheat toolkit).
abilityLevel.cs
Changed public int lvlpoints to obscuredInt type.
However, the field is not visible in the Orc editor window.
Perhaps it is because setData cannot pass a value to the field, or the variable is not serialized.

Since Orc's project uses a data object when it is saved/loaded, is the type not present and the related serialization is not done?

This is because I think I can protect against cheating if I can encrypt the data (buy price, lvlpoints etc..) set in the editor of Orc.

It may be difficult to answer, but even a little reply would be appreciated.
  • edited January 2021
    hm.. This seems like a problem about data serialize class.
    Since the processing logic for obscuredInt is not written, it seems that it is not displayed in the editor, and also saves/loads data.

In a field that is not displayed, I can put a value in that field in custom script (as it was retrieved from the server), but it will not be displayed in the editor.

I need this logic, but does this have to be solved with something like a your commission work?
    Post edited by KESHYAS on
  • You'd need to make the class you're using (ObscuredInt) either implement the IBaseData interface or derive it from BaseData (the standard IBaseData implementation).

Also, everything within the class that should be accessible in the editor and saved with settings needs to either be a basic value/class (e.g. int, string, bool, but also stuff like Vector3 or most Unity assets), or also implement the IBaseData interface.

Generally - why do you need to defend against memory cheating?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm developing a mobile game, and I recently learned that it can be hacked by a memory cheat tool like GameGuardian.
    So I want to use ork and actk together.
    I want to make most of the variables obscuredInt, but it seems a bit difficult for me :(
  • As said, to be able to use in in ORK's settings you'll need to implement the IBaseData interface - I'm not really familiar with ACTK or it's classes, so I'm not sure how doable this'll be, though.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you always for the answers.
  • I am a little interested in seeing this title. Does ORK have any plan to prevent the intrusion of memory cheating tools?
  • No, not really.