Is there a way to get the current level of a player's specific abilities in a formula or game event??

1. I want to get the level learned by the current player of the player's other abilities (fire) in the battle event of the base attack. (for use of the ability variable)
I've found a select ability Step, but I want to get the highest level of the current state, not manually setting the level.

In other words, it is a way to load the level of another ability from the formula of the base attack ability and multiply that value by the result.
(The selected key'action' seems to only store the currently activated ability.)

2. Will the select ability step return null if the player doesn't have that level?
If so, is there a step to check if the player has the corresponding ability level?

thanks!
  • edited January 2021
    1) Hm, I think the only way to do this currently is using ability variables, which you can set per ability level. Using selected data to get the ability you can use the ability's variables via the Selected variable origin.

2) If the player doesn't have the ability, it'll return null (and not add the ability to selected data). If the player has the ability but on a lower level, it'll store the ability with the highest available level.

Checking for abilities and specific levels can be done using the allmighty Check Status node.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • thanks!
    I tested it.
    When the player has 3 levels of Abilities and selects 1 level through Select Ability, the Ability stored in the Selected Data becomes Level 3.
    In this case, it doesn't seem to make sense to enter the ability level.
    Is there any other way to use it?
  • Does your ability allow level changes?
    That's set up per ability in it's base settings. Also, passive abilities can't use level change at all.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for answer.
    The "allow level change" of your abilities is checked.
    But still only use the highest level possible.
    It only seems to work if I change the level with the "level change key" as described in the option.
  • Hm, I'll look into it - code-wise it should set the use level to the defined level from the node.
  • How are you using the ability from selected data?
    From what I can tell, the ability's use level is set to the level (if allowed), but the ability itself naturally still remains the higher level.
  • edited January 2021
    There may be something I am using wrong.

We want to use level 1 ability variables and level 3 ability variables.

Each lv.1 ability-[change Variable 0] "deal" float/ set/ 5
    lv.3 ability-[change Variable 0] "deal" float/ set/ 10

With the player learning level 3, save level 1 abilityLevel to the selected data through select ABILITY.
    Then when I use the variable deal (through selected Origin), it print 10. (I want 5 to be printed.)

Probably, it works normally, but since the Lv.3 variable is set, is the variable of level 3 output? (Even if i saved level 1 ability to selected data)
    Post edited by KESHYAS on
  • Yeah ... that's not possible. The level 3 ability is still level 3, having the variables from level 3 (or any other variable changes made on it since the level up).
    Changing the use level doesn't change that.

The only solution for something like this would be to set up the ability levels as separate abilities instead of using levels.