Say I want to find the Change Variable Node code for example to see how it’s set up to implement my own custom nodes. Where is that located? I have the source code open but I can’t seem to find it.
Portfolio - My Website
Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • Hi @relenting_1 that would be under: Gameplay\Events\Nodes\VariableNodes.cs
  • In Makinom it's in Gameplay/Schematics/Nodes/VariableNodes.cs - I usually just search for the name of the node, e.g. Change Variables and open it via the found stuff :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2021
    Ah that makes sense so then do I just copy the whole section? My ultimate goal is to make a custom node that saves the current scene name into a variable key. Just to get a feel of making customers nodes. Also I’m using Makinom 2 if that changes anything.
    Post edited by relenting_1 on
    Portfolio - My Website
    Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
    relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
    Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • The node script files usually contain multiple nodes for easier management, so you'd just copy the node class of the node you want to use as your basis. In Makinom 2 the nodes are in an additional sub-folder, but you can still find it via the search :)

Ah, the current scene name isn't available as a string value selection, I'll look into adding that in the next Makinom 2 version :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!