Hello. I tried to use search, but couldn't find anything about that, so I use new topic:

What I want to do is to have a Map menu section. Where player could see a local map and a global map with it's position showing on it. I want a map to be a handpainted, not a rendered image, like minimaps. As I was looking in Ork I could not find any of similar features, so I would probably need a separate assets for that? Which ones work with Ork?

And with that, how it would be able to add a Map screen to a Menu screens? Which part I should use?

Sorry in advance if that is already explained somewhere in the forum or if it some very easy solution that I missed :)
  • edited February 2021
    Since ORK doesn't have a map system there's no menu for that. I think any 3rd party map solution should work with ORK, as they shouldn't interfere with each other - and you can integrate it in ORK's menu system e.g. using the open/close game events of menu screens to show the UI of it.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • An easy, but fairly heavy, solution I found was to have the map way below the world with a 2nd camera rendering to a texture that is parented to the player so that it follows around on the map below.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Well, yeah - you can do simple maps via render textures and using them in your ORK UI (e.g. as an image in a HUD).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!