ORK 2.31.0 is here: release notes

The biggest updated to ORK yet, coming in with a whopping 145 new features, changes and fixes!

This update adds sound channels, performance improvements throughout all features of ORK, async ORK project loading for game starters, custom choice positions, a new top down 2D player control, global horizontal plane setup, advanced value selections for ranges in move AIs and ability/item use ranges, new formula and event nodes, directional target selection, multi-mode for battle menus (i.e. keep previous GUI boxes open when opening sub-menus), 3 new menu screen parts (and other menu screen updates), updates for HUDs and many other new features, changes and fixes.

Beside all the obvious big new features, don't miss out on the smaller stuff, e.g. the new Use Damage Zone node allows damaging combatants directly via their damage zones (on game objects) - maybe found from a previous raycast node, making FPS shooting damage an easy 2-node setup :)

Please note that the new horizontal plane handling (the Default Horizontal Plane setting in Game > Game Settings) will revert all other horziontal plane settings to use the Default horziontal plane. The new setup should make it easier to switch from 3D (XZ plane) to 2D (XY plane) without having to micromanage settings spread out across ORK.
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Goodnight!!!

This is amazing !!!
    Congratulations on that GIL.

One question ... I have a project in progress, using version 2.30.

What happens if I import the new version? Would I lose something from what I already built in the previous version or can I perform the import without any problems?
  • Heck yeah, GiL! Looking great, thanks as always for these awesome updates; will try to update the project soon!
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Wow that's amazing!
    This is the best asset out of the store.
    I've been using this for a year, but haven't found anything better.
  • @Vykthorius
    Your old data will get updated automatically when opening or loading a project. In some cases that's not possible and there's a mention of that in the release notes (e.g. this time the default horizontal plane changes).
    I'd generally recommend to make a backup of your Unity project before updating any asset (not just ORK), as you never know if something might go wrong :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The best asset keeps on getting better. Keep up the amazing work GIL!
  • Great update! Thanks for the continued support.