In my game, some life-skills can also be upgraded.And, the upgrade of life-skill does not depend on the player's level experience.
My design is like this:
When go fishing, get fishing experience,
mining to gain mining experience;
alchemy to gain alchemy experience, etc.
In ork, where can I set the experience value entries of these skills? And when I get the relevant life-skill experience, if I limit the levelup experience, how can I automatically levelup and trigger the event to show the levelup UI effect?

• You can set up different experience status values for that (using experience type None).

Set the ability's Level Up Type to Auto and select the experience status value you want to use.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I was wondering about this myself awhile back. @gamingislove, does your answer mean that if there are multiple skills added as abilities that there needs to be a separate experience status value for each one? Like in Kuidream's example, do fishing, mining, and alchemy abilities all need their own specific experience status values: fishingXP, miningXP, and alchemyXP?

I'm trying to find a way to resolve this problem without making another 30 or so status values.
  • edited April 2021
    Well, this depends on how your systems should work.

If all of them are separate activities that grant separate experience, you'll need separate experience status values for them.

Generally, the Auto level up type will automatically increase the ability's exp when the combatant receives the selected exp. Spend, as the name implies, levels up when spending exp on it via menu screens.

An alternative to using separate exp status values would be using ability variables, where each time you do your fishing, mining, etc., you increase a variable on the ability and learn a new level when reaching a certain value (i.e. all handled via events).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!