So, ORK has a lot of language and flexibility regarding turns in the turn-based mode, which is awesome. But is there any way to track and program around rounds of combat?

My combat is turn-based and 2v2. I select moves for my two combatants and then they, and the enemies, all attack at the same time -- i.e "classic" turn based mode. So each time I select a move for one character, that's the end of it's "turn" -- but it's not the end of the player's "turn," because they still have one combatant to choose moves for. That's what I mean by a round of combat -- the two combatants from the player and the two combatants from the enemy group, each taking their one turn.

Here's an example of a problem i'm facing: Since everything seems to functions based on turns but not rounds, a combatant takes damage from a poison effect at the start of its turn instead of the start of a round. Because of this, at the start of my first combatants turn, I see that my second combatant is up but poisoned, so I go to cast a heal on it. Then at the start of my second combatants turn, it dies from the poison. Is there any way that poison could trigger at the start of the round?
  • Sorry, posting another question here that's somewhat related... at least to my 2v2 pokemon-style combat system woes.

2) Are is there a node or setting that interacts with "Group Leader" status of a combatant?

When a combatant is killed, I have it set to pick a another member of your group (using selected data) to join the battle group as its replacement. However, when the Group Leader -- the combatant on the leftmost battle spot who was spawned in first -- is killed, it then tosses the title of Group Leader to the other combatant in the battle group, who stands in the rightmost position. This would be fine, except then when the round starts again and it is time to choose actions for your team, you start and the rightmost combatant and then go left. I would like it to stay consistently left to right when choosing combatant actions. Is there a way to set that? Or perhaps to set a combatant as the Group Leader, so I can always keep the combatant on the leftmost battle spot as the leader?
  • 1) Currently in turn based battles the turn of a combatant starts when they come up in the turn order. Phase battles have an option to manage turn start at phase start or phase end (to get those who didn't do anything).
    I'll look into it.

2) Try using a Use Battle Action node with a Change Member action (add as Sub Action). That'd swap out the combatant instead of removing and adding a new one, so the leader position should stay the same.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2021
    1) Next update will add an option for turn based battles to start turns of all combatants at the start of a new battle turn instead of when they start selecting actions based on the turn order.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 1) Sounds perfect -- thank you!

2) Looks like the Change Member option in the Use Battle Action node needs a member index and can't use selected data or something similar instead, unless I'm mistaken. I'm having trouble getting it to switch in a member the player chooses upon death.
  • 2) Hm, you're right. Usually you'd use the Set Target options for this, but that currently does nothing for Change Member - I'll add that in the next update.