• edited March 2021
    Interaction Controller already a child of the player game object at I show in the screenshot but it still doesn't work.
    It only works when Interaction Controller is the Player itself, but I don't like to put it in the Player game object it will mess up with the rigid body for the Movement on the Player game object.

I tried automatically added/spawned on the player in the Interaction setting like you said, when I play it does add into the Player game object as a child but the Interaction also doesn't work either.

So I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any other suggestions?
    Post edited by Night on
  • Hm, very strange - definitely working here.
    Can you send me a Unity test project with your setup to contact@makinom.com?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Done!
    I had sent you a test project at contact@makinom.com
  • edited March 2021
    Thanks - checked the project and it's a pretty easy fix.
    Your game isn't running, either enable Start Game in the game starter or use a Start Game node in a schematic that sets up your game.

Interactions only work in a running game. I'll look into removing that limitation :)

Edit: Will stay like this, interaction key (and e.g. pause key) are not used when the game isn't running, e.g. for ORK-style game start menus, where you wouldn't use them.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh! That why it won't work and I thought it a bug. Thank you for the help and sorry for the wrong report.
  • edited April 2021
    What does this error mean?
    When I'm trying to Save game with "Save game Menu" node and this appear for no reason, it doesn't before but now I don't know why it keep showing me this error every time I open Save/Load Menu.

Error while parsing XML data: at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) [0x000c1] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) [0x00000] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0
    at GamingIsLove.Makinom.DataObject.Set (System.String key, GamingIsLove.Makinom.DataObject value) [0x0001b] in <fdaf78406c7747b39393bf46252949ea>:0
    at GamingIsLove.Makinom.IO.XMLParser.DoParse () [0x00fbc] in <fdaf78406c7747b39393bf46252949ea>:0
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.IO.XMLParser:DoParse ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.IO.XMLParser:Parse ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler:LoadFile (int)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler:CreateFileInfo (int)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler:CreateInfos ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler:GetFileInfo (int)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler:GetFileList (bool,bool,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UIButtonInputContent>,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<int>,GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.AddCancelButton,GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UICustomInputSettings,GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UICustomInputSettings)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.SaveGameControl:ShowFiles ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.SaveGameControl:Show ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.SaveGameControl:Show (GamingIsLove.Makinom.Notify,GamingIsLove.Makinom.NotifyBool,int)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Nodes.SaveGameMenuNode:Execute (GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic:ExecuteNextNode ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic:NodeFinished (int)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.DialogueControl/Runtime:BoxClosed (GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.IUIBox)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIBoxComponent:Closed ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UIStateChange:Use (GamingIsLove.Makinom.BaseWaitForAnim,GamingIsLove.Makinom.Notify,bool)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIBoxComponent:Close ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.DialogueControl/Runtime:InputAccepted (GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.IUIBox,int)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIButtonInput:OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute<UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler> (UnityEngine.GameObject,UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData,UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents/EventFunction`1<UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler>)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.MakinomInputModule:ProcessMousePress (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerInputModule/MouseButtonEventData)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.MakinomInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent (int)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.MakinomInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.MakinomInputModule:Process ()
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update () (at D:/Software/Unity/2020.3.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:385)

And this
    Error while parsing XML data: at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) [0x000c1] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) [0x00000] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0
    at GamingIsLove.Makinom.DataObject.Set (System.String key, GamingIsLove.Makinom.DataObject value) [0x0001b] in <fdaf78406c7747b39393bf46252949ea>:0
    at GamingIsLove.Makinom.IO.XMLParser.DoParse () [0x00fbc] in <fdaf78406c7747b39393bf46252949ea>:0
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.IO.XMLParser:Parse ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler:LoadFile (int)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler:Load (int)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.LoadGameControl:ShowQuestion ()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.LoadGameControl:InputAccepted (GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.IUIBox,int)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIButtonInput:OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update () (at D:/Software/Unity/2020.3.0f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:385)

Edit: Using Unity 2020.3.0f1
    Post edited by Night on
  • @Night
    Hm, do you have some old save files (e.g. from Makinom 1) for that project (or a project with the same name)? Since some of the save paths are depending on the company and game name, it could be due to same names leading to save files being stored in the same folder.
    The save game data is stored in an XML format, the error means that something happend while parsing the data due to encountering something that shouldn't be there (e.g. wrongly formatted).
  • edited April 2021
    I delete all save file and then saved it doesn't show an error, it only shows when I open save/load again after saving.

Test some more and I noticed for some reason it doesn't show an error when my Item game object variable is set to local, but it shows this error when I set an ID for it.
    Basically, I have Item 1, Item 2 with Object Variable ID Item 1, Item 2. Then when I save, it fine but I open Save or Load again then it throws an error at me. (=.=!)

Edit: I think I know the problem. Because of the space in Object Variable ID, when I remove the space and change it to Item1, Item2 then that error not appearing again. ^^
    So like you said it wrongly formatted, but I have no idea I can't put space in it.
    Post edited by Night on
  • edited April 2021
    I'll check it out, might be that there's a limitation for this.

Edit: Yeah, that's currently limited - I'll change this in the next update, though this'll cause previous save games to not load their object variables.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • So when you update I just need to delete the saved file and save again then.
    If that is the only problem I think is it better to change now than later when you release ORK 3, at one point someone gonna put space in their Object Variable ID like me.

Just curious though are ORK 3 using Object Variable like Makinom 2 also?
  • Yeah, since ORK 2 already has object variables, it'll just replace them with Makinom 2's version.
  • Hi,

using the setting Fade>Stop in the Change UI Color node results in a display error of the node and a freezing node editor.

Unity 2021.3.0f1

Regards
  • Set Grid Cell Combatant#
    Add Node > Battle > Grid > Set Grid Cell Combatant

its not Grid> ,its Grid cell>
  • Some typos I found in the UI > Menu Screens. In Inventory Menu Part > Available Item Type the description for non has listet instead of listed.