Hello!

I have an interaction controller set up the suggested way. It's been working as intended since the start of my project, except for one thing.

I have my battle events set up to go into another scene. After the battle end event, my interaction controller gets bigger. It will also offset further if I have any offsets in place. The interaction controller will reset to normal if I change scenes via a Scene Changer/Spawn Point.

Any ideas on what may cause this? Anyone else run into this issue?
  • Hm, I'd say this is most likely to either the interaction controller is changed by some game event, or e.g. the scale of the parent's game object (i.e. the player) is changed, which automatically also changes any child on it (i.e. the interaction controller).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh, yeah, that makes a lot of sense! Thank you. It's likely the latter. I remember earlier in development my player model's scale was changing in the same way after returning to the scene from a Battle Event. I fixed that by putting a Scale Constraint component on the player model, but that may be a band-aid for whatever the main issue is. Putting a Scale Constraint component on the Interaction Controller itself did not work.

The issue is possibly tied to the fact that when the player enters a battle in another scene, the Player is not participating in the battle (is hidden, is not in Battle Group) and the combatants in the Battle Group have various sizes and scales. Whatever the main issue is, I would be it is also be tied to this problem I posted about previously where upon loading the original scene in the Battle End event, the player model was replaced with the "group leader" combatant used in battle. and did not reset until the end of the Battle End event. (I did use an autostart event to fix that problem, by the way -- thank you, GIL!)

I could put all my combatant models back into Blender (or any 3d modeling software) and scale them appropriately so that the XYZ scale in Unity is not any different than the player model, and that has a chance of fixing this particular problem! But I do wonder if there is indeed a bigger issue tied to some of these other problems I've been having, and if it would cause any other issues down the road.

I welcome your thoughts!
  • Well, the interaction controller should be scaled correctly when added via ORK, regardless of the parent's scale - any changes afterwards can only come from either the IC or the parent scale being changed, e.g. by an animation or one of the events.

Since events only do it via the Change Scale node, I'm pretty sure you'd know that you added something like that, so it's probably an animation changing the scale?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Good info!

I think I found a solution. I'm running a Pokemon-style game. Because the interaction controller was being automatically added with ORK, it was also adding it to the player's combatants when the battle started (because the player is hidden and not in the battle group, I guess ORK makes the next combatant in line the Player in that scene?). I resolved this by manually adding the Interaction Controller to my player prefab instead.

Thanks for your help!