For a turn based battle I'd like some enemy combatants to follow a turn order rotation to determine which abilities to use. I see in the battle ai there are "Check Turn" and "Check Turn Value" nodes, the former even includes a "Every n Turns" option, however I don't see how that would allow me to implement, for example, a 3 turn rotation like: on Turn 1 use Ability A, on Turn 2 use Ability B, on Turn 3 use Ability C, then on Turn 4 start the rotation again using Ability A.

For now I set a global variable and use a Game Variable Fork, which is okay if there is a single instance of that enemy in a scene, but gets more complicated if there are multiple (i.e. I don't want multiple enemies using the same turn count). Can you confirm Game Variable Fork just uses global variables?

If this isn't supported I can make do, but am curious if something like this might be supported in the future. Thanks for your help.
  • Should be doable with the Every n Turns option, but use it in reversed order, i.e. highest to lowest, so first check for every 3 turns, followed by every 2 and finally every 1.

Otherwise the every 1 turn would kick in every time :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That makes sense. I'll give it a try thanks!
  • Hey unfortunately this does not appear to work. Given a 5 turn rotation, on the 6th turn it will loop back to "every 3 turns" action. I'm going to just resort to a local variable. In the past I've used a "rotation count" to act as the modulo to which the turn count is calculation against but I realize that's more complicated. Thanks for your help though.
  • Ah, yeah ... that can result in issues when exceeding a small amount of actions to rotate through.
    An object variable on the combatant to count through the actions is the way to go in that case.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!