• 1) Depends on your battle's control block settings - e.g. if you're using Player Actions control block, it'll block control during the player's actions.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, you are a life saver :)
  • JMRJMR
    edited April 2021
    1) When adding status effect that affects formula (adds a negative number) for movement cost on the grid cell I get this. It seems I get this when Ork is calculating movement costs when I try to move mouse over grid. I have Unity 2021 and newest Ork installed.
    OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].set_Capacity (System.Int32 value) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].EnsureCapacity (System.Int32 min) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].Add (T item) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
    ORKFramework.GridPathFinder.GetPath (ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleGridCellComponent toCell, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleGridCellComponent]& path) (at <8fa1d1597e124b05acdf108d7df8f4b0>:0)
    ORKFramework.GridMoveCommandSettings.SelectCell (ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleGridCellComponent cell, System.Boolean isHover) (at <8fa1d1597e124b05acdf108d7df8f4b0>:0)
    ORKFramework.GridCellSelectionSettings.SelectCell (ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleGridCellComponent startCell, ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleGridCellComponent currentCell, ORKFramework.SelectGridCellBool selectCell, ORKFramework.SelectGridCell acceptCell, ORKFramework.GridCellCheck acceptCheck, ORKFramework.SelectGridDirection selectDirection, System.Boolean neighbourMode, System.Boolean blockDiagonalDistance1) (at <8fa1d1597e124b05acdf108d7df8f4b0>:0)
    ORKFramework.GridMoveCommandSettings.Tick () (at <8fa1d1597e124b05acdf108d7df8f4b0>:0)
    ORKFramework.BattleGridSettings.Tick () (at <8fa1d1597e124b05acdf108d7df8f4b0>:0)
    ORKFramework.Battle.Tick () (at <8fa1d1597e124b05acdf108d7df8f4b0>:0)
    ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick () (at <407860e2a0174e2f97ddcedfe1f72ba2>:0)
    ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update () (at <407860e2a0174e2f97ddcedfe1f72ba2>:0)
    2) Is it possible to have game event that is activated by trigger enter be activated when traveling grid cells during battle? I would be in a lot of trouble if it's not possible :)
    Post edited by JMR on
  • edited April 2021
    1) Huh ... how large is your grid?
    Based on the error this has nothing to do with the status effect or formula, but simply the path being so long that you either ran out of memory or at least out of a large enough chunk of memory to hold it.

2) Well, yeah - game events can start whenever via trigger enter - enable In Blocked Control to make them work during battle (since your player controls are most likely blocked during grid battles).
    Also, since trigger enter requries collider/rigidbodies to register the combatant entering the trigger, you can't disable them during grid move for the moving combatant (e.g. like it's done in the example).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited April 2021
    1) 1600 cells.
    However I used the same grid, with the same abilities before the update and there was no problem. Now I can use the setup without problems when I use abilities that don't affect movement cost.

When using ability that affect movement cost formula and doing a mouseover over grid, the game immediately stops and the memory use starts increasing.

Maybe change in formula makes a calculated path loop or something? I use Navmesh.

Edit: I also tested it on 28.1 version of Ork on 2019 Unity and there was no problem. There is no setup changes between version because I updated it like a few days ago.

2) Thanks, it works now :)
    Post edited by JMR on
  • 1) If it'd be a loop in the formula you'd get a stack overflow exception, not an out of memory exception.

Hm, could you send me a small Unity test project with your setup? Or at least the ORK project asset and some instructions on which ability to use :)
  • JMRJMR
    edited April 2021
    1) I know what caused problem now. It happens when I had a negative movement costs on a grid. When I changed ability to not make movement costs below 0 problem disappeared. It seems that newer Ork causes errors with sub 0 movement costs.

I used this ability to net extra action points when testing different things.

I can still send you files if that's not enough.
    Post edited by JMR on
  • edited April 2021
    I'll check it out, haven't tested with negative movement costs.

Edit: Yeah, seems to be happening with negative movement costs, even on small grids. I'm investigating and should be fixed in the next update.
  • Great:)

BTW Is it possible (or will be in ORK 3) to have a cursor changed when hovering over some event triggers? I am interested in system in which when I hover over X type events/objects cursor changes to A and when I hover over Y type event/object cursor changes to B.
  • That's already possible via scene objects - they (and their scene object types) can change the cursor of game objects they're attached to.
  • That's awesome :) Excited to test this :)
  • Is it possible to use scene objects with cursor change on hover that are on ignore raycast layer? I wanted to use it on scene changers, which needs to be on ignore raycast layer to be clickable.
  • AFAIK the ignore raycast layer is, well, ignored by raycasts, so probably not :D
    But you can control which layers are hit by ORK raycasts via their layer mask settings.
  • JMRJMR
    edited April 2021
    So I assume I can't have scene object do mouse hover cursor change without raycasting? Because changing which layers are hit by ORK raycasts via their layer mask settings just makes the setup behave the same way as it were on ignore raycast layer.

When I have objects with triggers/colliders my character doesn't want to go through them (for obvious reasons), so I put things like scene changers on ignore raycast layer. I want to have a cursor changed when I hover mouse over scene changers, but for that I need to have object be on a layer that accepts raycasting, which block movement. Is there some workaround for this?
    Post edited by JMR on
  • edited April 2021
    Raycasts are needed, otherwise there's no way to determine over which game object the cursor is - and the game objects needs a collider/trigger or it can't be hit.

Though, there are different layer masks in ORK for different things, e.g. the cursor changes are using the raycast settings in Menus > Menu Settings > HUD Settings, while the interactions have their own layer mask (via the Click Interaction settings in the game controls).

Also, stuff can go through triggers, so only colliders would block them :)