I am trying to equip a weapon from interaction controller when the player encounters it.

I have the pickup prefab with an interaction game event which sets the staring object as selected data. The selected data is then equipped on the equipment part.
When I run ingame though this does not work and nothing happens. If I bypass the selected data step and equip a specific weapon it works however, so the issues seems to be capturing the pickup item as the selected data. What am I doing wrong?
  • The starting object is just the game object of the interaction, so it's not the equipment (or whatever other item you want to pick up).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok that explains that, but is there a way for me to specify the equipment from the pickup item? I could work around this by creating a event for every item but I was trying to see if there was a way to use one event for at least each item type...
  • Hm, I don't think that's currently possible - I'll look into it.
    Are you using Item Collectors for this or an Event Interaction?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Item collector with an end game interaction event. The event starts a dialogue to equip the item, if no it goes to inventory, if yes, it is supposed to equip it to the specified equipment part. Maybe you know an easier way to do that?
  • There's currently no way for this, I'll check it out.