edited March 2020 in ORK Support
Good morning. I have a small problem. I need my character to face away from doors they went through. Usually changing the rotation of the spawn points does the trick, but it doesn't seem to do anything anymore. I'm always facing the same direction. Weird. Im using Ootii Camera Controller with the wrapper component if that helps. Thanks!
Post edited by Sierota1701 on
  • You can put a trigger enter event in spawn point that will rotate the player in any direction you want.
  • Make sure there are not multiple spawn points with the same ID.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2020
    I have the same problem when changing scene.
    My player doesn't face the right direction (north). It always face south.
    I tried the solution in the tutorial here : http://orkframework.com/tutorial/game-tutorial/5-connecting-the-game-world/

"Rotation
    Set Y=180.
    This will turn the spawn point by 180 degrees.
    Spawn Settings
    Use Y Rotation
    Enable this setting (it’s enabled by default)."

But it didn't work and it made my player move left when I touch right & vice versa.

I'm trying to create an event attached to the spawn point to rotate my player as soon as it enters, but I can't. Can you help me? I guess I have something wrong in my nodes.
    Thank you for your time!
    Post edited by Jihaysse on
  • Based on your other thread, you're making a 2D game, - in that case, rotation isn't handled like that. Y-axis is rotation in 3D games, in 2D, that'd be up/down movement, and rotation is usually handled differently.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This seems to be the most relevant "Tutorial 5" thread, I hate creating threads.

In scene 1 Town there is Spawn Point 0, ID 0(opposite the tree from the exit) and Spawn Point 1, ID 1(near exit but not in changer collider), and Scene Changer which works correctly spawning at scene 2 Field spawn point 0, ID 0 BUT:
    Scene Changer in field is set to send me to 1 Town, Spawn ID 1, but it sends me to spawn point 0. I tried setting the 1 Town Spawn Point 1 ID to 2 and then having the 2 Field Changer send me to ID 2 of Town, but no matter what I try It sends me to the first spawn.
  • I'm pretty sure this is due to your start event, which is probably running again when entering the town, adding another brown pants and spawning the player at spawn point 0.

I assume you're using option 2 for the start event, i.e. an Event Interaction in the town scene. Make sure it's set up correctly and has the variable condition/change set up.
    Alternatively, use option 1 (which is usually the better option and makes it easy to test in different scenes).
    Also, DON'T use both option 1 and 2 :)
  • edited April 2021
    [Solved] Strange. I nearly had used option 1, but since tutorial said option 2 is how it's usually done, I went with option 2. I went back and double checked to see that I didnt do both. In option 1 I had given it the scene 1 Town but had not added the startEvent Prefab. I had completed option 2. So I just now went and deleted the startEventObject from option 2, added the eventprefab to option 1 and boom it works. Ugh, simple things like this make me feel like I forgot how to tie my own shoes. TYSVM Gamingislove!
    Post edited by sheepsigh on
  • Well yeah, option 2 is the regular way you use game events in your game - and you'll use this pretty often.

The start event that's used to initialize your newly started game (e.g. adding and spawning the player) is a special use case, though - using the main menu's start event setup allows you to quick start the game (via Start Game option in a Game Starter) in any scene and have the player added/spawned there without having to set up an event interaction in the scene :)