Hello everyone,

Im trying to port my game, Lost Soldiers, to mobile and its been great but I cant get the joy stick to work. Im using the basic joystick pack from the unity store and it doesnt come with alot of instruction but i just placed it on a canvas, it move but doesnt move my character. I have the joystick enable on ork game input.

Can someone please help me solve this.

Thank you
  • I have it set up qnd is working but when i click on the joystick icon it jumo a bit up and to the left. Do you know what setting im getting wrong?
  • Probably try messing with your maximum distance values.
  • Thanks i think its working. My gui box still have a slider on it thought, do you know how i can get rid of the slider?
  • By slider, I assume you mean a scrollbar?

That's probably due to the used GUI box being set up to scroll and the HUD's content needing more space than the GUI box has.
    Either increase the size of the GUI box or change it's Height Adjustment to Auto (or None).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you Lost Soldier is almost on the play store with mobile support. I changed the maximum distance value to 25 and it stop the jump when i clicked on the joystick but now when i build the game the joystick doesnt let me move backward or around that well, how can i fix this?
  • 25 is a pretty small maximum distance - though the max distance only defines at which distance the joystick will use full input (i.e. -1/1).

The jump of the joystick might be due to the pressed image setup (if you're using that). Could you post the settings of your joystick control element?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2021
    Thank you for the fast response as always. It wasn't working at all at 25 so I moved it back to 100 but it's jumping again now.

imagejoystick-control" />

Here is a picture of my joystick control element. Everything is great and working but the joystick just jump a bit up and to the left when touch. Im excited about the mobile market apparently people love mobile gaming. Here is a picture of the game:

Screenshot-544
    geojson coordinates order
    Post edited by Coolstory on
  • Update:

I have it fixed it! it was the picture size I believe but now I have another problem.

When I switched over to touch the cooldown on my skillbar isn't showing anymore. Usually, it fade black after using but now it stay lit. Does anyone know how fix this?
  • Well, what's the setup for it? Mainly the display conditions define when a HUD is shown - or maybe you're using a toggle key to toggle the HUD on/off?
  • The hud is still showing but the delay time isnt working anymore. Before when i use a skill the ability icon would go black letting me know its on cooldown but now it stay active and i dont know when i can use the skill again.
  • Well, that's up to the Slot Layout - the default is set up in Menus > Shortcut Settings and your HUD can use it's own layout optionally.

When in cooldown, the layout will use the Inactive Slot settings, since the ability can't be used at that time.
  • Thank you! Ill try it out as soon as my computer start. Ork is great so many features to put in and more to come
  • Update it was the highlighted part and is now working, thank you.