Hey,

So, what I did was create a new project and import demo from ORK folder. (I think this might be older demo?) and then downloaded latest work and saved the project file. (Unity 2019.4.15)

I built this demo on Nintendo Switch and the menu scene would just show black screen, then I built the Town scene with ORK Game Starter set to "Start Game" and this loaded ORK On switch. I was able to fight and everything, change scenes.

After this I switched the ORK to the source code version. (http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/5985/tutorial-switching-to-source-code-version-of-ork#latest)

And everything works in the editor, but on Switch ORK just does not seem to start.

Debugging it I found error to be happening when the GameStarter calls new game, and it calls the new event to be started.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ORKFramework' or one of its dependencies
File name: 'ORKFramework' occurred

also not sure if related but this was called as well

Any idea why this could be happening? The same issue was happening in my own project, but it took too long to build, so I made a test in this demo project.

• The source code version deletes the OrkFramework.dll in favor of physical source code and then uses assembly file OrkFramework to tie in the data.

In error it says "OrkFramework" filename cannot be found, is Data object searching physically for OrkFramework.dll?
  • edited April 2021
    I'm pretty sure the DLLs are stripped due to code stripping, check out the build troubleshooting how-to.

Edit: Also, saving on Switch will require some custom save file handling, I've got something for that (but not sure if it's working for current Switch API) - send me an email :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi, thanks.

I added the link.xml with example lines and the error still persists.

I also did a completely blank project, just importing ORK and changing the source code.

Here I made a simple example where game just spawns a capsule collider as player and this worked.

So issue might be in something else. no clue what though
  • Well, the link.xml would only work if you use the DLLs, so if you're using source code that wouldn't help ... you probably need to use assembly definitions.

Generally, the issue you're facing strongly hints at Unity's code stripping removing ORK, so that's the direction you should investigate in :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2021
    I am using assembly definition, which ties source code into OrkFramework.

But would the game proceed to the game event running phase if the source code was stripped? Shouldn't it have complained before that?

The frustrating part is a completely new project with the same setup and everything works fine.

It even works if I move the asset folder from the new project into the old project. But if I just move ORK folder it does not work.

Something really weird is going on. And the error happens in inaccessible DataObject class.
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • I seem to have resolved this issue by placing the assembly file in the top folder and source code and ORK DLL in a sub folder. Now on to fixing other issues :D

• Good to know - Unity is somewhat strange when it comes to folders.

Took me a long time to figure out that DLL files that depend on each other need to be in the same folder to use the correct compile order. E.g. in Makinom 2, having the UI system modules in separate folders lead to components going missing upon reimporting stuff :)