• Yes I was actually using the open game event of the Pause Menu Screen to then call the Dialogue Node.

by the Button List menu part, you mean like building the Dialogue out the 3 buttons which then will point to a "Sub Menu Screen"?
  • Exactly - the menu part's dialogues will also work in paused time if the menu pauses the game.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Excellent I'll give that a try
  • Hello @gamingislove a quick dumb question, maybe I'm overthinking the solution, but how can I get the selected choice button text to change its color?

For the Button List menu part I was using the button name, but that doesn't even let you apply text format. So end up using a button prefab for each option to have the blue text.
    For the Exit Dialogue the yes, no choice can't find how to change the selected text color.

I'm still using ORK 2.30.2

Thanks in advance for any hint.
  • I assume you're using the new UI?
    In that case, you can use the Fade Button Children setting in the GUI skin settings to. Set it to Color to fade the the child objects (e.g. the text) of the button using the button's color.

Naturally, for this to work, your button prefab needs to use Color Tint as the button's transition.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove I'm getting old, I'm pretty sure I tested using the Fade Button Children before, and it was not working but because I left the Text component in the Button Prefab, I'll make sure to explain it to others in next week video tutorial.
  • edited June 2021
    In this video we add the Pause Dialogue Menu Part, and Exit Game Logic.

https://youtu.be/4bOwAbQbcHk
    Post edited by RustedGames on
  • edited May 2021
    @RustedGames I started to watch your tutorials. And they are quite helpful, but.. I'd suggest that you could change your video layout - text shouldn't be on the bottom, because if I move mouse and youtube player shows up it hides all your text. And since you don't talk that way it is easy to miss something entirely. And after a while it gets very annoying.
    Post edited by Aratron on
  • edited May 2021
    @Aratron thanks for your feedback, I just uploaded Episode 27 with voice over recorded, let me know your thoughts.
  • edited June 2021
    I finally recorded the video with audio, it is longer than I expected, please give me your feedback, hopefully it will help me to practice the language.
    https://youtu.be/ESop_T5_69c
  • @RustedGames , yeah, with audio it's a different thing. But I'd suggest you use setup, that was from a round 36 minute(Area Icons segment), because before audio was a little like it was too far from the mic or something. After that voice was much clearer.
  • edited June 2021
  • edited June 2021
    Tweaks, Refactoring and Bug Fixing, slowly putting all pieces together
    https://youtu.be/_UIeHIEBf5Y
  • edited June 2021
  • @RustedGames
    Maybe i am just missing it but where are the links to the latest Youtube episode videos? Clicking the posted images for the episodes (like the above episode 30) takes me to the jpeg image only. IS there a list of links that i missed? I just started viewing this msg thread today.
    RF