• Here's a sneak peek at ORK 3 living in the Makinom 2 editor window (in case you missed it on twitter):

As you can see, ORK's sub-sections will also be integrated into already existing Makinom sections (where fitting), as well as have their own ORK-only sections (icons will be updated later).
    I'm currently going through all settings to check if everything is displayed correctly (since the whole editor automation has been changed), moving stuff around, separating and combining things to make the whole thing a bit more logical.

I'm taking full advantage of Makinom 2's editor features like the General Settings that can be displayed in list tabs. E.g. as you see in the screenshot, the quest settings are now combined with the quest types into a single tab, or the area settings are now separated from the game settings and put into the area types.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Looks exciting :)
  • Nice to see the progress.
    One thing I would suggest, add a lot of public delegates for things that custom coders might need to hook into.

Stuff like add/remove an item in inventory or collectors, something updating that might need to be reflected in UI. Like line added to console messages. New turn/new local turn starting in battle

Most of my source code changes are the delegate injections.
  • Not much new to report - still going through all the settings, moving stuff around, removing and adding things, consolidating settings, etc.

I'm trying to get things a bit more streamlined and less cluttered with different settings. E.g. abilities/items have some settings removed that you'd probably not use 99% of the time and can also use via schematics animating the action. There'll also be a lot more default settings that can optionally be overridden, e.g. combatant settings are much easier to handle, as you usually have the same setup for most of the features.

@hellwalker
    I think all of those are already available :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Looking Good ! Looking forward to it.

• Small update: Finished a first pass through all settings and also rearranged ORK's schematic nodes (the feature formerly known as event nodes :D). Next on the list is going through ORK's components - once that's done, it's time for first actual tests running stuff in-game, for which I'll go through the game tutorial series.

I'm not promising anything, but at this rate, a first beta version might be realistic for end of June!
  • Reading through your updates it seems you feel more comfortable working with Ork 3 than you expected to, I am excited to see what cool feature you will add during its lifecycle :)
  • gamingislove said: I'm not promising anything, but at this rate, a first beta version might be realistic for end of June!
  • @JMR
    Yeah, things are going a lot smoother than anticipated - I guess that's due to taking a lot of time to develop Makinom 2 with this extensibility already in mind :)
  • Also, here's another sneak peek at ORK 3 editor:

This time showing the new General Settings for combatants to define all the default setup you can optionally override in individual combatants, drastically reducing the amount of stuff you need to set up (if you use the same setup for most of the combatants).
  • Hello GiL,
    Are u going to introduce any features in Ork3 that could make an outer space rpg easier to do? The current Ork2 is great for ground based rpgs but not so hot for space stuff. Also, in addition to adding outer space/groundless features, how about adding some sort of multiplayer to Ork3? Both would really make Ork3 truly the complete rpg solution. I Know there are solutions to MP in the asset store and you've indicated that there is no One fits all MP solution, but hey maybe just pick one and ppl that don't like the one u pick, well they can stay with single player and/or they don't have to use your chosen mp one? Just some thoughts!
  • I've startet testing ORK 3 by going through the game tutorials. There where some small issues here and there, but they where (so far) quickly solved and nothing really broke the system (yet).

I'm already up to the first battle - due to there no longer being different events for battle start/end and general battle events, there had to be some adjustments in the setup (e.g. new actor types), so the setup is a bit different, but it works great so far.

@GamesRus
    Not really sure what features that'd require - ORK (2) isn't really 'ground based', as that's mainly up to how you set up your events (schematics in the future). If it's about player controls, well, you'll need to use a custom control for that anyway.
    There'll definitely not be a multiplayer feature available :)
  • It's looking good so far. I have a question, when the beta comes would it be okay to start anything without fear of project breaking updates? Or would you prefer to use that period exclusively for testing and finding bugs. Also, do you have plans for new features or/and are you going to open a discussion for features that may help improve Ork 3/Makinom 2?
  • @GamesRus
    What are you having issues with on space games?
    I've done a few prototypes on it and have a mix of getting into and out of ships, and flying around a ship.
    This involves using Events to control rigidbodys and switching between "Piloting" and "Ground" modes where the player is mounted to the ship and made kinematic.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • @Wrofir
    Well, things like leaving a planet and navigating in space to other planets and landing. Also fighting npc ships (lasers that spread a bit the greater the distance to target), scanning the galaxy for various things (suns, starbases, etc), building bases on planets, etc. Its been a while since i last tried this but i finally just had to give up using Ork2. Maybe when Ork3 comes out, i will reach out to ya Wrofir for some help and try again. Bummer that ork will never be MP.