I'd like to make an ability that basically previews the target selection for the following turn. For example, the first turn, the enemy would lock onto the party character, then the following turn launch a bomb at the player that was locked onto. Would it all be done within one Battle AI?
  • It doesn't really matter if it's all done in one battle AI or in multiple - the crucial thing is to set some state or have some check to use the correct ability. E.g. if it should happen at a specific turn or ability.

E.g. if the lock on is handled via an ability, the ability can set an object variable on the user - the battle AI can check for that variable and use the next ability. For the target, that can simply be handled via the Use Last Targets node to get the target that was locked on in the previous ability.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks as always :)
  • In case you need to remember targets beside using the last target, battle AI's have nodes for that - the Store Targets and Load Targets nodes can handle different target lists (identified by target keys) and can store targets for the user and also have them available for the user's group.

Check out the rest of the target nodes for other stuff, e.g. getting those who attacked the user, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Somewhat relevant to this (dealing with last targets), how would one display a combatant HUD (i.e. enemy HP) of only the most recent enemy that received damage or was last targeted by the player?
  • Set up a Combatant HUD for the player and use the Last Target combatant origin in the HUD elements - that'll display the information of the last target of the player.
  • thanks! :D