ORK Version:2.31.1
Unity 2021.1.7f1

I have leveled up my Weapon from the ORK menu MenuScreen.
However, the StatusBonus is not reflected in the Player.
The UnityConsole shows that the level has been increased as follows.
Player initial bullet reaches level 2.
UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)

If the LevelUpType is Auto instead of Spend, it will be reflected correctly.
Also, I tried creating a new Event in the ScreenMenu settings specifically for Close Event and setting Reset Combatant Status Node in the Event with Actor:Player, but it didn't make any difference.

I can't find anything like ResetCombatantStatus in the ScreenMenu settings.
Do I need to set something else somewhere else?
  • Is the weapon equipped?

Auto level up is only used on equipped weapons, i.e. leveling up that way will also add to the combatant's stats. If you level up an equipment via Spend and it's not equipped, it'll naturally not add bonuses to the combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes.
    It's equipped.
    Automatic level-up will reflect the bonus normally.
    Spend from MenuScreen does not reflect the bonus.
  • edited June 2021
    I'll do some tests.

Edit: Actually - you can't level up equipped weapons/armors using Spend in the menu screen, since they are only displayed in the equipment part box of an Equipment menu screen part. You can only change/unequip equipment here and can't level up the equipped weapon/armor.

If you level up using Spend in menu screens it'll definitely not be on an equipped weapon.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you reply.
    > you can't level up equipped weapons
    I've been struggling with MenuScreen all day yesterday and today using ORKSampleProject, and I was just wondering if that might be the case.
    I thought it was possible. I think this is indeed a serious lack of functionality in MenuScreen.
    I would like to see a feature that allows you to level up while equipped.

When I asked the question, I did it from MenuScreen-Add Menu Parts-Inventory. (not Equipment).
    In this case, I was able to level up, which confused me even more. (The bonus is not reflected.)
    I had set the initial weapon in the Combatant's StartEquipment, but I had also put the initial weapon in StartInventory at the same time. I figured it was necessary.
    So what was being leveled up when I asked the question was probably not the initial weapon in StartEquipment, but the initial weapon in Inventory.
    I don't yet have an Inventory menu display screen in my current project, so I wasn't able to check.

I thought it was strange that when I use MenuScreen-Add menu Parts-Equipment with ShortSword equipped from the beginning in ORKSampleProject now, SubMenu is not called until ShortSword is UnEpuippe once.
    I was trying to ask a new question about best practices for leveling up equipment from the MenuScreen.
    The MenuScreen screen is very difficult to configure because there is no GUI Editor. (Especially the HUD Info...)
    I think there needs to be a detailed tutorial here with screenshots or videos for each item.
    In order to make it easier to understand, when a feature is added in the ReleaseNote, please include a screenshot of what the GIL intends to do as a result of using the feature in the ReleaseNote.
    Otherwise, the text alone doesn't give me an idea of what the function is for when I want to use something like that function in the RPG game. Otherwise, the text alone won't give me an idea of what I want to do.

Or, I think we need a "template" for the UI menu in the case of standard RPGs with touch mobile, PC controller, and PC mouse, which is currently the mainstream of the game industry.

Back to the topic at hand.
    So, if I want to level up my equipped weapon with Spend, the only way to do it is from Script, is that correct?
    equip.SpendExperience(user);
    and then do a Combatant Reset?

Or can I still do it easily using Event Node?
    What is the easiest best practice for leveling up an in-equip weapon with Spend?
  • The Inventory menu part can only show things in the inventory, equipped weapons are not in the inventory. I'll look into more features for this in the future.

Yes - the only way to currently level up (via spend) an equipped weapon is by code. This will automatically update the combatant's status, so you don't have to do a combatant reset.
  • Thank you!
    I understand.

I got it working by creating the following Static code and calling it from FunctionEvent in GlobalEvent!
    This method seems to have many other applications, and I will actively use the code.

using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using ORKFramework;
    using ORKFramework.Behaviours;
    public static class ORKStatic
    {
    public static void EquipmentLevelUp()
    {
    var player = ORK.Game.ActiveGroup.Leader;
    var equip = player.Equipment[MyGame.CombatantEquipmentPart.メイン武器].Equipment;

equip.SpendExperience(player);
    Debug.Log("ORK EquipmentLevelUp");
    }
    }
  • The next update will also add new event nodes to level up equipment and abilities.