• @Dre788
    There'll definitely be project breaking udpates :)
    The first beta will mostly be a port of ORK 2 to Makinom 2's system with some new features, or rather changes - e.g. weapons and armors are combined into equipment, or battle systems are now listed data instead of the 4 fixed setups (i.e. you can e.g. set up multiple turn based systems instead of having to change the one as before).
    I have plans for further new features that'll come during the beta phase, e.g. a new menu system. I'll open a separate thread for feature discussions/wishes around the first beta release.

@GamesRus
    That's stuff you would pretty much all do using events/schematics and not really something that'd become a feature in ORK.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Small update - currently testing the (combatant related) HUDs. Naturally lots of small issues to fix due to being a completely new system, but it's generally working pretty great.

The setup of HUDs is way easier than it was in ORK 2 and the performance is also a lot better. There'll also be some context-menu items to quickly generate individual HUD parts (e.g. a status value bar + name/value texts) like there already are for Makinom 2.

Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: I have plans for further new features that'll come during the beta phase, e.g. a new menu system.
    Is this new menu system different from the one in Makinom 2?
    gamingislove said: There'll also be some context-menu items to quickly generate individual HUD parts (e.g. a status value bar + name/value texts) like there already are for Makinom 2.
    Isn't this how you're planning to implement main menu values, items, equipment, quest, etc. or do you have a difference/new approach?
  • Another small update - currently testing the shortcut HUDs in the new system. After some initial issues they're working fine now and also offer more possibilities, e.g. using cast/reuse time value bars to radial fill an ability's icon :)

@Dre788
    Yes, since Makinom 2 doesn't have a menu system :)

The context-menu was in regards to setting up the UI prefabs in the scene view when using the Unity UI module - i.e. there'll be quick setup shortcuts to create various HUD elements just like there are for Makinom 2.
  • How do you plan to implement the new menu system?
  • The concept isn't very far yet and I'll need to do some experimentation (once I get to implementing it). Generally, I'd like to go for a node-based system to better visualize how different parts/actions in the menu are connected.

The overall functionality would still be the same, but have more flexibility and modularity. Things like the Inventory menu part would be split up into their individual type and item boxes - each being a node and defining how they interact with each other via their connections.
    E.g. opening the menu screen shows the type box, which can also show the item box (if connected to the type box's on show slot). At the same time, you could have multiple item boxes that are controlled by one type box, etc.
  • edited June 2021
    Ah, I understand. Will creating the main menu gui be as easy as the hud? Or would we still have to input every value manually?(all the background, text, titles, buttons, position, etc)
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • Please get rid of the egg characters for Ork3 they really do distract from how powerful this framework is and I'm pretty sure it hinders sales
  • @Dre788
    You also have to input stuff for the HUD as well - there are some shortcuts to create base elements, but you still have to set up what you want to display in the inspector of the HUD components.

For menus it'll work similar to now, e.g. defining which item types are available and what information should be displayed in the buttons. They'll still use (G)UI boxes to display the content.

@Dreamwalker23
    Yeah, I'm planning to create new tutorials for ORK 3 with new models :)
  • Speaking of 3d models, How do we import and set up both Legacy and current 3d models and their animations into Ork 3?
    RF
  • edited June 2021
    What if i rather not have a menu to pop up every round of a battle? When the player encounters an enemy and choses to attack it, I just want my player to fill out a fight choice menu ONCE and then both fighters keep on trading blows automatically. The player would fight according to the player's initial fight choice menu selections, till the player or the enemy is defeated OR i press a button that suspends the fight and allows me to change the Player fight choice menu? Sorta a round robin automatic fight? How would this be done in Ork 3? Or can this be done? Hope this makes sense!
    RF
    Post edited by RifleFire on
  • Models/animations will be handled as they are in ORK 2, i.e. via prefabs and the animation type setup in ORK. The setup will probably be a bit easier if a lot of your combatants share the same settings due to there being a lot more default settings that each combatant can optionally override.

You can already set up a system to have the combatant keep using the same action - using the Use Battle Action node and adding the action as Next Action. There's currently no way to clear the current next actions of a combatant, though, so you'd have to e.g. use the input key to change a variable and the battle events either add the next action or not based on that variable.
    Alternatively, you can also have the combatant AI controlled and turn that on/off via the input key (global event).
  • edited June 2021
    Gil, any chance of getting a in ORK3 easy option setting to clear current next actions of a combatant? Just asking. I will try the long way as you have mentioned when ORK3 beta is available... Any word on when ORK3 beta will be coming for the general user base to explore?
    RF
  • Since I already added a node to clear the next actions of a combatant to the next ORK 2 release, there's a 100% chance that'll also be in ORK 3 :)

I'm still going through the game tutorials (HUD tests take some time) - once that's done it means that most of ORK 3 should work and I'll prepare for the first beta release. I'm currently scheduling the first beta for end of June if there are no major issues coming up during testing.
  • edited June 2021
    GiL, what will the new ORK 3 tutorials look like? I have enjoyed your format for the Ork 2 ones. Very precise and to the Point. To me, a lot better than video only. But i am a bit old school and like text with some pictures. Also, will you have a listing of each Ork 3 node and what its for? Oh yeah, are you redoing the Ork 2 game tutorials into Ork 3 versions?
    RF