Hello,
I am running into a pretty peculiar issue with Key Press after changing scenes.
When the game is start, I am able to interact with Item Collectors, and Shops perfectly fine, and can do so any number of times.

Upon changing scenes however, in my example going into a battle scene and coming back, none of the Key Press Start Type game objects will work. Even previously tested Item Collectors and Shops will not open at all, or only once some times. Other objects that use this key to start things like dialogue still function properly tho.

The strange part is when checking the ORK Handler in the scene. All of the Blocked Control booleans are set to false, so seemingly none of the Key Presses or Controls are blocked by anything.

So, is there anything in Events or ORK that could possibly block the control of a Key Press Start Type on something like an Item Collector or a Shop? If so I may be able to check for if this exists and remove it. If not then I have very little idea as to why this specific way of starting these game objects is not working.
  • Shop interactions, item collectors or event interactions all use the same code for checking if the key press happened (and conditions are met), so if the dialogues still work, so should the other things.

Are there any other conditions set up for them, e.g. variable or quest conditions?
    Also, are you using any of the in trigger or while colliding options for the key press?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah it is strange that these things do not work. It is also strange that all of these item collectors and shops work properly before the scene is changed to the battle and then changed back.

The start settings for these are as follows:
    - Start Type: Key Press
    - In Blocked Control: false
    - Key To Press: Poke (This is set to Spacebar in ORK)
    - In Trigger: true
    - While Colliding: false
    - Start By Collider: true
    - Start By Trigger: true
    - Start By Root Object: false

I have tried messing with many combinations of these settings but not much changes.
    I can confirm that Interact works but for this game clicking on the items is not something we want.

The Objects have on them 2 colliders, one trigger and one not. The trigger collider is larger and would be used as the pickup / start condition condition along with the Key Press

No Conditions Set for both Quests and Variables

I hope some of this information can help determine what might be the problem.
  • Hm, is it working if you disable In Trigger? I.e. the player doesn't even have to be within (or even near) the interaction.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • When I disable it, I can pickup the item before like normal (now even when not standing near), but after changing scenes, the items cannot be picked up still, despite it working before changing scenes.
  • Can you send me a small Unity test project where this happens? You can decrease the size by deleting the Library folder from the Unity project - e.g. upload it somewhere like dropbox and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
  • Thanks for all the assistance with this issue, and we came up with a fix based on the feedback.

Now when the battle scene is exited, we just manually un-block that Poke key input through code, and that seems to fix it all, and everything now works as planned.
  • You can also use the Block Input Key node for that, e.g. in the battle end event. Though, since I don't know when you actually block the key, that might be too soon :)