My combat is turn based with action commands, and I'm trying to create attack that spawns a targeting reticule that the player then moves onto or over the targets. The attack will then hit the position or characters in the reticule. Any ideas on implementing this? I haven't messed around with stuff with the cursor too much but maybe something could work there
  • Is your combat on Grid ?
  • Using a None target range allows you to use raycasting to select a position, either via click/touch or by using input keys to e.g. move a prefab (i.e. your targeting reticule).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @hellwalker Not grid but considering changing to grid. It's kind of Darkest Dungeon/Paper Mario and the want to position characters easily might be good in the grid system.

@gamingislove
    That's awesome! Thanks
  • The grid does have a lot of options for an area of effect and stuff like that.
  • You can also have AoE abilities/items in non-grid battles, either via the Affect Range or by e.g. spawning a prefab with a damage dealer (and activating it in the battle events.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!