edited June 2021 in Showcase
My project is still in development but wanted to post Secret Of Everafter if anyone wanted to follow or ask how I did something.
I post Dev logs frequently on what I've been working on so check often and let me know what you think.

Makinom is my main toolkit that does 99% of the functionality shown. I'm saying 99% only because I have the script from Explosive handling the character movement and animations. I tweaked the script from Explosive to do what I needed it to with Makinom.

The assets packs I'm using are:
POLYGON Prototype - for blocking in a test scene

Explosive RPG Character Mecanim Animation Pack - for the Player character

REXARD Icons - for some of my Icons other Icons and UI I made myself using Affinity Designer.

Mobile Power Ups Full Package - not really necessary since I have the Polygon Prototype but this is what I use for 3D Icons/Pickups

Fontstruct - for fonts this one in particular I made free

I will also be using POLYGON Particle FX later for my spell testing once I get to it.
Post edited by relenting_1 on
Portfolio - My Website
Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • Are you using Makinom 1 or 2?
    Also, why not use ORK, since it's ... you know ... a dedicated RPG framework :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Makinom 2 pro. I use Makinom because of the machines and schematics workflow and it just looks nice.

I know ORK does the same thing simply with the events but since I started using Makinom it just felt like you are more in control of more complex things.

I have ORK and plan on getting ORK 3 on release especially since you said it’ll be similar to Makinom.

I’ve just been really into Makinom seeing how intricate I can make anything work just the way I want it to.

I’d really like to make my own nodes eventually but I haven’t had much luck thinking of what kind or enough scripting knowledge to do so lol.
    Portfolio - My Website
  • ORK 3 will be an extension for Makinom 2, i.e. ORK's settings are integrated in the Makinom editor, nodes available in the schematics, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This is great news! So my project won’t be affected when integrating ORK 3 extension?
    Portfolio - My Website
  • No, you can just plop in ORK's functionality if you want :)