What i did :
Ability set as passive that apply a status effect 'A'.
The stat effect 'A' use a Game Event on Turn Start.
The Game Event should add 1 stack of status effect 'B' & 'C' on the user for each enemies in battle :
Store Combatant Count > Game Variable Fork > Change Status Effect > Debug

Everything seems to work the way i want except the Change Status Effect node who is used as many times as needed to cap the Max Stack Count of 'B' & 'C'.
i.e. : if 'B' has a max stack count of 42, i then have 43 Debug printed.

Side question : is there a Sub Type category for Status Effect like there is for Combatant ?
  • Wait ... are you using the Game Variable Fork to go through all the possible numbers, like 1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, etc. and add the effect with as many Change Status Effect nodes as needed?

That's pretty cumbersome :)
    You can use a loop in your event and a counter variable (i.e. a local float variable that is increased by 1 until it reaches the stored combatant count).
    The setup is like this:
    - Store Combatant Count to store the number of combatants
    - Check Game Variable to check if the local counter variable is less than the stored count
    - Change Status Effect to do your thing (connected to the check's Success next slot)
    - Change Game Variable to increase the local counter variable by 1
    - loop back to the Check Game Variable

Status effect types don't have sub-types - they're only available for things that are displayed by menus, like item types or ability types.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks !! that is indeed way better to do it this way and moreover my issue was solved ^^
    But i still can't understand why my previous event made the status effect stack until maxed out ? Can you see if i did smthg wrong with my event ?

Lien vers mon image">Lien vers mon image
  • Hard to tell without seeing the whole event.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!