• edited July 2021
    I've pumped out some more HUD related documentation for status values, status effects and attack/defence modifiers.
    More coming :)

@huulong
    Well, obviously starting the game without any setup will not result in anything good :D
    The player prefab in Base/Control > Game Controls is part of Makinom - when using ORK, you should go the regular route of using a combatant for this as it was in ORK 2. As in ORK 2, using different prefabs for a combatant (e.g. for battle and the field) is done via conditional prefabs on the combatant.

@Vlastan
    Hm, I'll check it out - though the rendering pipeline shouldn't have any impact on it.
    Is the ORK 3 collision camera working for you when not using HDRP?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Is it just me or is it not possible to display a "Player" name and portrait in a dialogue? I start a new schematic, I join the combatant and set them as an "ork player". I set a dialogue with the schematic actor as player. But the name nor the portrait I set doesn't display in the dialogue. This also doesn't work if you use "player group" and set the actor within the member index of 0.(you get an error of index out of range)

Am I missing something? Or is this a bug?

• edited July 2021
    @Dre788
    Hm, haven't tested it in the start event - will check it out.
    Generally, in non-start events it should work with the Player actor having the player combatant's information.

Why the Set ORK Player node, though? Joining the first combatant to the player group already sets it as the player :)

Edit: Alright, tested it - the out of range error will be fixed, for now you can just disable using a member, as the Current combatant scope already uses the player (group leader) instead of the whole group.
    The general issue here is that the Player actor type requires a spawned player. I'll add an additional ORK Player actor type for being able to access the unspawned ORK player combatant (pretty much the same as the Player Group actor type with Current combatant scope, just without the extra hassle :D).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: Edit: Alright, tested it - the out of range error will be fixed, for now you can just disable using a member, as the Current combatant scope already uses the player (group leader) instead of the whole group.
    The general issue here is that the Player actor type requires a spawned player. I'll add an additional ORK Player actor type for being able to access the unspawned ORK player combatant (pretty much the same as the Player Group actor type with Current combatant scope, just without the extra hassle :D).
    Can you apply this new option for all unspawned party members and not just the player?

• @gamingislove Back with another question :) For Save/Load functionality, the saving and loading seem to work great. However, if I try to Continue I run into this error. I didn't see any continue options as we have for load and save, so is it another case of me missing something?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.LoadGameControl.LoadSaveGame (GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.SceneChanger changer) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler.SetLoadData (GamingIsLove.Makinom.DataObject data) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler.Load (System.Int32 index) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler.Continue () (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ContinueMainMenuOption.Use () (at <805bfdaaae6f4bb1a1fda2c8643f3811>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.MainMenuControl.BoxClosed (GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.IUIBox origin) (at <805bfdaaae6f4bb1a1fda2c8643f3811>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIBoxComponent.Closed () (at <11d22d7d365e4af4933a8974d4c3bf66>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UIStateChange.Use (GamingIsLove.Makinom.BaseWaitForAnim waitForAnim, GamingIsLove.Makinom.Notify callback, System.Boolean wait) (at <11d22d7d365e4af4933a8974d4c3bf66>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIBoxComponent.Close () (at <11d22d7d365e4af4933a8974d4c3bf66>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.MainMenuControl.InputAccepted (GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.IUIBox origin, System.Int32 index) (at <805bfdaaae6f4bb1a1fda2c8643f3811>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIButtonInput.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data) (at <11d22d7d365e4af4933a8974d4c3bf66>:0)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:262)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.MakinomInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.MakinomInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.MakinomInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.MakinomInputModule:Process()
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:385)

• Bug report on the Editor:
    Changing Battle 2D Combatant Group after editing and saving group reloads old group data

Happens with: ORK 3 Beta, not ORK 2

Repro:
    1. Create new project with New Game scene with ORK Game Starter
    2. Add Battle 2D object. It should default to 1st combatant group "Default"
    3. Keep the inspector open showing Battle 2D components. Open Makinom > Combatants > Combatant Groups and edit things: modify the group's name, add combatants, etc.
    4. Save
    5. In the open inspector open the new drag-and-drop for combatant group and select the renamed Default group again...
    Suddenly, the inspector is refreshed with the Default group's original name, and the whole Default group's content is reverted to before the save!

I have a video if needed.
  • It would be nice if all the NullReferenceException were replaced with null check + a custom Error message. That would help us a lot to debug and identify which reference has not been set in the editor.

I found the same issue with ORK 2, where we had to follow all the steps to avoid having a single error. But with ORK 3 we don't have the full doc yet, so in particular for the new UI, it would be nice to know the path of data where we forgot to set the reference.

Example of error when starting a battle:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ActiveBattleMenu.GetTitle () (at <805bfdaaae6f4bb1a1fda2c8643f3811>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ActiveBattleMenu.Clear () (at <805bfdaaae6f4bb1a1fda2c8643f3811>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ActiveBattleMenu.Show (System.Boolean reset) (at <805bfdaaae6f4bb1a1fda2c8643f3811>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ActiveBattleMenu.Show () (at <805bfdaaae6f4bb1a1fda2c8643f3811>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantBattle.ShowBattleMenu () (at <805bfdaaae6f4bb1a1fda2c8643f3811>:0)

I started filling my Battle Menus and HUD but not sure where to put the title. I'm currently peeking at the source code from ORK 2, hoping it didn't change too much, but with the new UI system, I'm not too sure (ORK 2 supported both Legacy and new UI though so the code must be somewhere there).

Problem is, even if source code, I see things like `this.settings.showTitle` or `this.owner.Faction` and any of these could lead to a null reference at some point. And the DLL seems to hide lines as it always shows ":0" so even if this file didn't change in ORK 3 I wouldn't be able to tell where the issue lies.

For now I'll just check every object mentioned in the method and try to find corresponding data in Makinom.

@Acissathar 's issue seems to be in the same vein, but with the Save/Load UI.
  • @huulong I actually ran into this exact issue earlier, not sure if you've solved it yet. This happens when your battle menu is not set for a given battle type either under Battle -> Battle System -> General Settings and/or a specific battle system (if you have Own Battle System Check).

I spent a bit of time trying to figure out what was wrong with my menus and UI because of that "GetTitle" but they were all correct, I just forgot to assign it :)

I agree a custom error message would help a bunch, especially without source access (which I totally get this is a public beta so no source is understandable) but hopefully that at least helps you out!
  • I've finished most of the HUD documentation - I'll do another one on the Timebar HUD before writing some small tutorials e.g. for setting up a player HUD like in the game tutorials.
    Dre788 said: Can you apply this new option for all unspawned party members and not just the player?
    Well, no - the new ORK Player actor is just for the ORK player. The other members (as well as the player) can be accessed via the Player Group actor using Current combatant scope. There's just currently a bug that will be fixed in the next beta :)

@Acissathar
    I'll check out the Continue issue.

@huulong
    I'll check it out.
  • @Acissathar
    The continue issue will be fixed in the next beta.
    I think you can work around it for now if you enable using the Loaded Info Dialogue in UI > Save Game Settings > Load Game Menu.

@huulong
    The editor bug only happens for me if I use the inspector while having unsaved data in the editor - which is to be expected, because the inspector operates on the saved data and not the unsaved changes in the Makinom editor.
  • @Vlastan
    The collision camera will be fixed in the next update (also in ORK).
    Seems like the render pipelines no longer call OnPreCull, which is currently used to run the collision camera after possible control components. Will change that in the next update to run in LateUpdate and set the script execution order on import to something high to ensure it runs after other components.
  • When will the ORK3 tutorials be updated?
    First of all, I would like to see lessons on setting up the interface =)
  • The ORK 3 documentation is constantly updated. The general documentation for HUDs is done for now, and there's a first tutorial on setting up a simple player HUD.
  • So if you call a Schematic from a Button List Item in Menu Screens and then attempt to call another Schematic inside that Schematic, it will get ignored completely.
    -Create a Button List
    -Call a Schematic with a button
    -Inside that schematic, Start another Schematic (it can be with Start Schematic or Global Schematic)
    The schematic inside will not execute.