Hi, I'm new to ORK and am running through the tutorial project.

For some reason the combatant data is inaccessible through the interface. It's all there when I open the project, but when I test it all the data seems to completely disappear and Unity kicks out a ton of null reference exceptions in the log. The data remains "gone" when I exit the test. There are options to add, copy and remove combatants, and if you add a combatant the number of entries goes up, but nothing else is shown. All the lists and fields are just gone. Am I misunderstanding something fundamental?

Running Unity in Linux (Manjaro.)

Thanks!

Before:

After:
  • This sounds like you didn't have a game starter in your scene before something ORK-related was accessed (e.g. via a component). The game starter is used to initialize ORK, if that's not done it'll cause errors when ORK functionality is accessed from other things in your scene.

You can set up game starters for quick game testing in a scene, or always start via your main menu scene.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The weird thing is the first time I started the tutorial and followed the directions, it worked. I had my spawn point and my character was moving around the map just fine. Later when I came back to the project is when these issues began.
  • The tutorial only tells you to add a game starter to the main menu scene (and always start from that scene when testing). So, if you tested directly in a scene without having a game starter in it, you'd run into issues like that :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That was it! Thank you :)