• ORK 3 BETA 5 is here!
    Updates for content layouts (adding HUDs and shortcut UIs) and general changes to where content layouts are used. Description handling in menu screens, shop layouts and battle menus has been updated (you need to redo the setup if you used something non-standard).
    Also, battle menus are now moved to UI > Battle Menus to keep UI related stuff in one place.
    All details on the beta page.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • For what it's worth, game variables seemed to work fine when I through that tutorial. The only thing of note, is that the tutorial seems to imply that just checking variable should have a default (bool of false, int of 0, etc.), however, it was instead null. Changing the machine to check for "not exists" caused everything to work as expected. rather than assuming it would default in the value.

Hopefully that makes sense.
  • Yeah ... I'll probably change the Exists check to false as default in the future, it's the common kind of check.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2021
    A small request, could you add the Shop's Title to the Title Content of Type Box in the Shop Layout?
    As of right now Name Box and Buy/Sell Box can display the shop's title but using an entirely different UI Box just to display a title seems redundant. Especially if your not using a Buy/Sell Box.

Also, Type Box is labeled Gui Box instead of UI Box like the other. Not sure if this was intentional, just though I should mention it.

Edit: If you use Multi for Box Display in Shop Layout with the Back Button Enabled for Type Box, when you navigate to the back button during play the items in the inventory will still be visible. (and only the items) They can't be interacted with so I assume this is undesirable behavior. I also get strange behavior with Sequence for Box Display. Mouse clicks don't seem to work.

Edit2: In Menu Screen, Close Screens (Opening/Closing) could you add the option to inverses the results so only the listed Menu Screens aren't closed? I have a small number of Menu Screens that stay open but all the rest should close. This would solve that problem well.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • Setting Continue button to Hide Inactive seems fixed, thanks!
  • Please give a tutorial about the menu screen and the main menu. I can't display the list of menu buttons with the MA UI box.
  • Hello everyone.

It's really great this announcement and the coming of Ork3 (again, great job).

I had left aside a small project that I had started on ORK 2 (at this time I was getting a lot of help on the support forum)

Seeing the announcement, I thought it might be cool to start all over on ORK 3 and be able to see the additions and help find bugs, during development.

For my first observation, I encountered a problem when I wanted to use another scene for the turn based rpg combat.
    I use the same configuration as on ORK2 (store scene, load scene, combatant spawn etc..) but it does not work.
    The "battle event object" is teleported to the new scene (with a spawn point in this one) but the combatants do not spawn and the fight ends instantly (I take back control of my player and the battle object is destroyed) .

I don't really understand the problem knowing that if I start the fight in the 1st scene (without changing the scene) the fight starts and everyone spawns correctly and the battle menu appears etc ...

In addition, I would like to point out to you that sometimes I can no longer launch the MAKINOM or MAKINOM WIZARD menu, it refuses to open and I have a "null reference ..." error in the console.
    (I sometimes use 2 unity to launch at the same time, 1 open with my ORK2 project and one with ORK3, navigating between the ORK2 and ORK 3 menus at the same time may be the problem).

Thanks in advance
  • @Dre788
    I'll check it out.
    I'm currently not adding new features for menu screens, as they might be replaced by a new system (will start with that after the slot inventory).

@SK1
    Make sure to set up a button prefab - e.g. default that'll be used if no other was found is set up in UI > UI System. You can create ready to use setups via the scene hierarchy's context menu: Makinom > UI Box > Input has various choice (and other input) setups available.

@MadMaxx
    I don't think I've already tested teleport battles, I'll check it out.

The Makinom editors not opening due to errors is, well, due to errors :D
    This is also happening in ORK 2 and usually is caused by starting playing in a scene without a game starter that uses ORK/Makinom functionality. This initializes ORK/Makinom without a project which causes issues everywhere (also after stopping play).
    You can solve this by starting playing in a scene with a game starter, which will clear out the false initialized instance of ORK/Makinom and allows using the editor again.
  • Dre788 said: Edit: If you use Multi for Box Display in Shop Layout with the Back Button Enabled for Type Box, when you navigate to the back button during play the items in the inventory will still be visible. (and only the items) They can't be interacted with so I assume this is undesirable behavior. I also get strange behavior with Sequence for Box Display. Mouse clicks don't seem to work.
    Working both fine here - can you give me more details on your setup?
  • @gamingislove
    I've put together an example to show you.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxqz5bg6z2iojop/Ork 3 Test.zip?dl=0
    If you select the Back Button you will notice the items are still visible.
    gamingislove said: I'm currently not adding new features for menu screens, as they might be replaced by a new system (will start with that after the slot inventory).
    Ah, I see. Sounds good to me.

• I'll check it out.
  • Hello,

For information, with a project configured simply (maine menu + 1 scene + 1 player)
    I always have the following error in the console at the first spawn (after clicking on new game and entering the 1st scene with my player) in ORK 3 BETA 5:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at :0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at :0)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Nodes.SpawnPlayerNode.Execute (GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic schematic) (at <7c7a2453229a4d12963663d86c5e4105>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.ExecuteNextNode () (at <7c7a2453229a4d12963663d86c5e4105>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.NodeFinished (System.Int32 next) (at <7c7a2453229a4d12963663d86c5e4105>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Schematics.Nodes.JoinGroupNode.Execute (GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic schematic) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.ExecuteNextNode () (at <7c7a2453229a4d12963663d86c5e4105>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.Start () (at <7c7a2453229a4d12963663d86c5e4105>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.PlaySchematic (GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.ISchematicStarter starter, System.Object machineObject, System.Object startingObject, System.Boolean isBlocking, GamingIsLove.Makinom.MachineUpdateType updateType, System.Int32 inputID) (at <7c7a2453229a4d12963663d86c5e4105>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.Play (GamingIsLove.Makinom.MakinomSchematicAsset asset, GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.ISchematicStarter starter, System.Object machineObject, System.Object startingObject) (at <7c7a2453229a4d12963663d86c5e4105>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.GameHandler.CallStartSchematic () (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.SceneChanger+d__24.MoveNext () (at <7c7a2453229a4d12963663d86c5e4105>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at :0)
    Thx.
  • Use the Spawn ORK Player node instead :)
  • If you create a UI Box with a child HUD displaying status values (set to current) in a Combatant - Menu Screen, the values of the HUD won't update correctly as you change the values with equipment. If you instead put the HUD in a prefab and call it from the HUD menu into a Menu Screen, the values will update correctly. I speculate the HUD isn't properly updating values when it's already under the UI Content as oppose to referencing a prefab.
  • edited August 2021
    @Dre788
    I'll check it out.

Also, the multi box back button issue will be solved in the next update - it was in menu screens and not shop layouts (as you initially reported), that's why it didn't happen for me (working in shops).

Edit: Working fine here - if you have a HUD set up on the UI box, you need to have it selected as a HUD Content Provider in the UI box's UI content component for the main content (or additional content, wherever you're displaying it).
    Also, the Combatant menu part still has to enable Add HUD, but select the -: None HUD (i.e. no actual HUD).
    Post edited by gamingislove on