• edited August 2021
    gamingislove said: Edit: Working fine here
    I figure this might be the case. If I run into the problem again I'll set up another example.
    I have a new problem, in Equipment, for Equip/Unequip Schematic, I can't access the user through Starting Object. I just get this error.
    I haven't tested "action" so I'm not sure if it's having the same problem.

Edit: I seem to get the equipment user if I use Machine Object instead of Starting Object.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • edited August 2021
    Hm, I'll check it out - should actually be available as both machine and starting object.
    Edit: Also, you don't have to add machine/starting object actors unless you need them as dialogue actors. They're automatically available in (non-dialogue) object selections :)
    Edit 2: Yeah, seems like there's a general bug with starting objects in some cases, will be fixed in the next update.

@MadMaxx
    Teleport battles are currently bugged, will be fixed in the next update.
    Also, just so you know in advance: You need to enable Spawn Machine Object in the battle start schematic's Load Scene node to spawn the battle instead of the player.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I have a inventory ui Box with placeholder . I want that the items will be placed in the placeholder from the ui Box. How does that work ?
  • edited August 2021
    I get an error during play when I attempt to use a sub-menu in the Equipment menu.
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.Parts.EquipmentMenuPart.get_AcceptCallsSubMenu () (at <49f08a42a7314e09910db968b7ee858e>:0)
    Edit: If I call a machine/global machine from a Button List and attempt to Call Function in that machine, that Function will not work. I've tested the machine and function outside the Button List and it works as intended.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • edited August 2021
    @gamingislove Ork3 doesn't appear to have "Use Custom Load Scene" (but does have the Class / Function name fields) under the Unity Wrapper and I don't see it mentioned in the notes. Is there a different way we're supposed to use a custom loading screen?

Edit: Ignore this, it's replaced with the drop down for Custom. Brain was mush for a few minutes :)
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • @shay91
    That's up to the UI box prefab's setup where the individual buttons are added to. E.g. if they should be added in a grid, you need to use a Grid Layout Group component and set it up to match your placeholders.

@Dre788
    Will check it out.
    Button list Schematic is most likely due to the same issue as the equipment schematics. Global machine should work, though - will test it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove With the switch to ORK3, what's the correct way to Fade into my Loading Screen? I can see that the 2.33 API has ORKFramework.ScreenFader.FadeScreen, but the current one doesn't appear to have that (or at least I haven't been able to find it).

I have Screen Fade set up in Game Settings, and this is currently what happens:

1. Main Menu -> New Game / Continue / Load Game selected -> Fades Out.
    2. Loading Screen loads in without fade. Upon prompt, Loading Screen finishes and loads next scene without fading out.
    3. Field scene fades in.

What I would like is 1 to Fade to 2 and 2 to Fade to 3, rather than the 1 fades into 2 but is broken by 3 if that makes sense?
  • SK1SK1
    edited August 2021
    How do I use the equipment and content IDs in the menu screen? What does it do? Can you make a tutorial on the equipment menu screen?

How to set the status value and status element of the equipment in ORK2 before?
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • @Acissathar
    You mean fade screen by code? Because the scene changers would already handle that automatically otherwise.
    By code, you can use the default screen fades like this - fade out:
    Maki.UI.ScreenFader.FadeScreen(Maki.GameSettings.defaultScreenFade.fadeOut);
    Fade in:
    Maki.UI.ScreenFader.FadeScreen(Maki.GameSettings.defaultScreenFade.fadeIn);
    The default screen fades are set up in the game settings.

@SK1
    Additional Content can be used to display content on separate places in your UI. Using the Unity UI, you set up UI Content components that manage where your content is displayed, e.g. adding an additional content with the content ID info to display quantity or use costs of something in a button can be displayed in the button by adding an additional content to it's UI Content component.
    Check out this Makinom documentation for more details.

Generally, ORK's default setup when adding a menu part will already have an info and for equipment a title additional content set up. You can use the scene hierarchy's context menu to create buttons (for prefabs) to use them via: Makinom > UI Box > Input > Choice Info Button and Choice Title Button
  • @gamingislove Perfect, thank you. I do have general screen fading set up, and I was trying to explain it does sort of do the fading, it just doesn't fade in anyway for my Loading Screen scene, but it does for the others.

I think the issue is that for the custom loading, I am calling a scene change myself (to always load up the Loading Screen, and then load into the next scene from there). It would make sense to me that ORK is only doing the fading out from Main Menu and fading in on Main Field because that is what it is expecting, while I am forcing the Loading Screen scene to load in between.

Would there be a way to call ORK's scene changer so that it fades in/out rather than using the low level Unity Scene changing, or just use the Fade In/Out API manually?

Hopefully that all makes sense.
  • SK1SK1
    edited August 2021
    There is no Store Grid Cells node, what node should I use instead?

What ORK3 uses to replace the actor users and actor targets in ORK2?
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • SK1SK1
    edited August 2021
    How do I use the activation object node that does not have the ability to discover object game variables?
    You have changed the node of ORK3 so much that many functions are not found, and the functions I have implemented with ORK2 cannot be implemented in ORk3. For example, the search object and the activation object are used to switch the weapon wielding trailing effect.

Post edited by SK1 on
  • SK1SK1
    edited August 2021
    There is no currency in the Combatant's start inventory, where do I set the currency for the start inventory?
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • edited August 2021
    You can set currency under Inventory>Currencies. And then you go to Combatant>Start Inventory>Add Item and set the Type to Currency.

If you want to use a fount object with activation object, just set an actor with actor type to fount object, then use that actor with activation object. Or you could use Search Object which stores the object in Selected Data.

I'm not familiar with the gird system but I believe you can use Selected Data to store Grid Cell.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • How is the textcode for currency in ork 3?

I tried to put it in a information screen and put in text the "" but nothing happens in the screen. It displays only but not the amount of gold