edited February 2021 in ORK Support
Good night!

Hi GiL @gamingislove and friends,

I'm editing my question so that I can be more objective.

First of all, congratulations on the speed of return, thank you very much.

As a reminder, I'm making a Final Fantasy Tactics-style RPG. All battles will be of the Teleport Battle type, according to the Tutorial http://orkframework.com/tutorial/gameplay/grid-battles-part-6/. I'm taking care of all the mechanics and at the moment I'm having difficulties in the Mecanim animations during the grid battles ...

I am using the guidelines of the Tutorial Animations Mecanim. orkframework.com/tutorial/gameplay/mecanim-animations/

In the field the movement animations happen without problems, and when I start the Battle of Grid, Player and Enemies are spawned. The problem is that as soon as they are spawned they already perform actions simultaneously, without any command and breaking any battle order per turn.

And after all combatants perform these actions without control, the Player's Battle Menu appears, where when selecting MOVE (limit set to 3), the Player cannot pass the first Hexagon. As if there was a wall that makes you hit and go back and forth, stopping the game.

I must be missing something ...
Can you help me please?

Only that is missing to finish the mechanics and start the story.

Thank you in advance,
Post edited by Vykthorius on
  • edited February 2021
    Hm, are your legacy animations generally working, e.g. if you just put the combatant's game object with an Animation component into the scene, select one of the animations and play it via Play Automatically?
    Animations that are made for Mecanim often don't work with legacy animations.

Also, if your combatant's animation and battle animation settings refer to the same animation setup, you don't need to use separate battle animations. That's just for cases where you e.g. want to have different idle and movement animations in battle.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi @gamingislove & Friends !

Thanks for all. Some new problems have arisen, please help me ...

Problem 1 - Movement in the Battle Grid

I managed to resolve in part. In Default Mecanim, I defined the Duration Type for Animation Clip and the Play Mode for Cross Fade in all my Animations (Base / Control> Animation).

This solved the movement problem in the Battle Grid.
    But it allowed me to notice other problems.

Problem 2 - Death animation and camera change

When the Combatant Player kills an enemy, the Camera changes to Front view and does not return to the previous Camera (Grid Battle View), which does not allow me to view the entire grid to continue the game.

The death animation is not taking place and the enemy is disappearing. (I would like the death animation to always occur and the body to remain in place).

Problem 3 - Quick Counter Attack animation interrupting the opponent's Attack Animation.

Another thing is that in some moments the Animations happen too fast and do not seem to complete due to the enemy performing the Counter immediately. In Counter Attack the animation does not happen and stops the attack animation.

Problem 4 - Simultaneous actions at the start of the turn-based battle.

I still haven't managed to solve the problem of simultaneous actions by the combatants (Player and Enemies).

As soon as they are spawned everyone performs actions and what we see is a show of flying texts using healing skills.

Can you help me please?
  • Good night!

Problems 01, 02 and 04 solved.

Problem 02 - Solution

I based myself on the defense event and everything is going well now.

Problem 04 - Solution

There was a Battle Start Bonus that I had set up during the ORK Tutorial. Bonus Removed.

I still have difficulties with the speed of the counter attacks.

Waiting for a light on this.
    Thank you!
  • Counter attacks are triggered at the end of the ability that caused it (i.e. when the battle events of it finished).

There are 2 solutions I see for this:

1) Add some time at the end of the ability causing counters.

2) Add some time at the start of counter attacks. Since the combatant's counter attack is a separate ability, you can just set one up specific for counters and add a short wait time at the start (e.g. through an additional battle event as first event using a Wait node).

#2 is probably the better solution.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Excellent Suggestion @gamingislove !!! It works :) Thanks a lot !!
  • Hello @gamingislove !

I really need help... I feel it's something very simple, but after hours I couldn't solve it on my own... I feel ashamed about it...
    On my battle grid the enemies are looking at my party Member who is furthest away... I would like to disable this setting. Can you help me?
  • Hm, hard to tell - it could be your battle events using Reset Look Angles option (Event Settings node) or using a rotation node to look at something.
  • Hi GiL!

I believe this is not the case. I have as Battle Event: gridTeleportBattleStart and gridMoveCommand. Both are the same as the Tutorial.

I wonder if there isn't some box with a Look At function that's making my enemies look at playergroup members.

I don't know if I've made my problem clear... the enemies aren't looking for the nearest Party Member. They move towards a certain Party Member they attack that same Party Member, but look the other way... towards a more distant Party Member...

I was wondering how to disable this...please help me...
  • So, that look is happening after using the attack - is it only with a specific attack (ability) or does it happen regardless of which ability is used?

It could be the Turn End Orientation setting in your used battle system's settings. This'd automatically have a combatants elect their orientation on the grid at the end of their turn - for all AI combatants that means it happens automatically.
    The setting is in the Grid Settings of your battle system - e.g. Battles > Turn Based Battles for turn based battles.

Otherwise, it'd be up to the battle events animating your actions.