edited January 2021 in Makinom Support
I started a new project and when I go to select Unity UI for my UI system it pops up with this error.
Cancelling Display Dialog : This should not be called when a View's DrawRect Method is in progress
See full console error in image below.
Image Link

Post edited by relenting_1 on
Portfolio - My Website
Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • Is this in the release version or a beta?
    Also, where you still able to change the UI system and confirm the dialogue?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I’ve tried it in other versions as well. The confirmation dialogue pop up doesn’t even show and Makinom forces it back to None.
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Strange, definitely working on my end. I assume Unity UI and TextMesh Pro packages are imported in the project?
    What Makinom version number is displayed in your editor?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2021
    This is the Makinom 2 Pro version 2.0.0 released in the unity asset store. And I made sure that TMP and Unity UI were imported. Is there a specific order these should be imported?

Just went to Unity and installed release 2019.1.0f2 and it works on there when I create a new project.
    Did the exact same thing and reinstalled 2020.2.2f1 directly from Unity (not the HUB) and it is still giving me this error.

Tried upgrading the 2019.1.0f2 (the project that Unity UI was selected and worked) to 2019.4.18f1. At first it looked like it carried over having the Unity UI system except the HUD Component script was missing from any HUD created. Also the console gave the following errors:

Error: Could not load signature of HUDAxisControlContentComponentInspector:Setup due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type: member:(null) signature:

Error: Could not load signature of GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.HUDValueBarChange:Change due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type: member:(null) signature:

Portfolio - My Website
  • Did you import it over a beta version of Makinom 2?
    If yes, you need to move the UI system module DLLs into the Makinom 2 DLL folder (and the editor DLL into the editor folder). I learned that Unity otherwise doesn't use the correct compile order.
  • I’ve tested it with a completely new project and imported the Makinom 2 Pro result had the same error. The only release I’ve gotten Unity UI to work with Makinom 2 Pro is Unity release 2019.1.0f2. The releases past 2019.1.0f2 gives the error from what I’ve tested.

It’s like the Unity confirmation dialogue box imageto accept the Unity UI is being blocked from showing up.
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Hm, not really sure what's going on, tested it in several versions (2019.4, 2020.1, 2020.2) and worked fine here each time.

Could you send me one of your Unity projects that doesn't work to contact@makinom.com (or contact@orkframework.com)?

Also, what versions are your Unity UI and TextMeshPro packages (in the package manager)? Though, if that'd be an issue it'd cause errors with compilation.
  • Just sent over my test project, it's empty except for Makinom 2 Pro is added.

Unity UI and TMP is at its latest versions.

Thanks for looking into this, really appreciate it!!!!
    Portfolio - My Website
  • edited September 2021
    I reinstalled Unity to the latest LTS version with a build target for both Windows and Mac, made a completely new project with just the latest version of Makinom 2 pro imported directly from the asset manager, and it is still giving me this Cancelling Display Dialogue error.
    I’m still trying other versions but no luck.

Edit* tested all other releases and I can reconfirm that release 2019.1.0f2 is the only one that gave me the pop up option to confirm to Change UI System. Here is a youtube link to one of the tests.

Is there a way by code that I can bypass the confirmation Change UI System popup and just confirm/save the UI system change without doing it from the Makinom Editor? Just so I can rule out that the popup showing up is the main cause of the error.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    -Nate
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Did some tests again - working on Windows, but running into this on Mac. Strangely, my last tests on Mac (I think with 2019.4.16) worked correctly.

I'll investigate.
  • Yeah I was able to get it to work on a windows pc as well but I prefer working on my Mac and I just keep running into this.

Let me know when you find a solution.

I appreciate all the help!
    Thanks,
    -Nate
    Portfolio - My Website
  • I don't think this is fixable on my side - found similar bug reports on Unity's issue tracker, so might be a Unity issue.

Anyway, I'll make the confirmation dialogue for changing UI systems optional.
    A new ORK 3 BETA will be available soon, where you can get the latest Makinom 2.1 BETA version with that included (just don't import the ORK related DLLs/icons if you don't want that).
  • Awesome thank you so much! Much appreciated as always!
    Portfolio - My Website
  • *Update
    Just downloaded Beta 7 and unchecked the Show Confirmation Dialog when changing the UI System Type and it works!!!!
    Thanks so much!!!!
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Great - hopefully Unity also sorts this out at some point :)