• @gamingislove This time I have something that's not another request :) I am currently working on re-doing the item box menu as you might have guessed, and I'm not sure how I go about setting the Title of the box to be that of the Item Box interaction itself.

If I set the title to just be "Item Box" it shows up as expected:
    https://i.postimg.cc/gJZwDWrz/item-Box-Item-Box-Title.png

But if I change it to be or even for testing purposes, it's blank. Based on the tooltip above I would have expected it to use the scene object, but I must be missing something?
    https://i.postimg.cc/J0CsY2Bb/Item-Boxtitle.png
  • Still working and looking into the menu suggestions (and also doing some other improvements here and there).
    Next beta version will probably be available next week!

@Dre788
    Some of the things you suggested will be in the next version (e.g. close screens except the defined, more sound options with input keys generally).

Text speed will be fixed in the next version.

I don't think there's a way to show cell events of a cell.

You can use the Grid Cell From Coordinate node to get the cell for a coordination and use that for movement or placement, etc.
    Though, you're probably mixing ORK's battle grid nodes with Makinom's grid nodes.

@Acissathar
    Some of the things you suggested will be in the next version (e.g. schematic used before fading out, pause key requirements).

As for the item box - like in ORK 2, you can add content information to the item box's game object via a Scene Object and use that information (e.g. text code in the title). Your title doesn't display anything because there's no Scene Object component attached to the item box's game object with that content information :)

@SK1
    Set Scene Position will make a comeback in the next version. It had to be implemented in Makinom to be able to use it in scene changers, etc.

@relenting_1
    Sure, the Schematic action type will play a defined schematic. Or the Global Machine a global machine :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove That's awesome to hear, looking forward to it! And thank you for the pointer, if I'm being honest the last time I used ORK2 was quite a few projects ago so my knowledge kind of evaporated haha
  • edited September 2021
    gamingislove said: You can use the Grid Cell From Coordinate node to get the cell for a coordination and use that for movement or placement, etc.
    I looked at this a few times and didn't realize how it really worked. I understand now.
    gamingislove said: Though, you're probably mixing ORK's battle grid nodes with Makinom's grid nodes.
    Yeah, I was doing this but Grid Cell From Coordinate did the trick.
    gamingislove said: Some of the things you suggested will be in the next version (e.g. close screens except the defined, more sound options with input keys generally).
    Will the Equipment slot sub-menu be there?

Edit: I am getting this stack overflow error when I click on Change Equipment -> Equipment drop down menu and I don't know what I did to make it start happening.
    https://dropbox.com/s/jad1hfzdd72zjk7/2021-09-16%2022_21_08-.png?dl=0
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • I don't know if maybe this is a bug but Real Time Battles are not allowing me to use an attack ability through a Control Map. My Sprint ability works but my Attack ability doesn't.

I've ensured a Real Time Battle Area (Scene) object is in the scene without a collider to allow entire scene to be the battle area. A Battle component is attached to this object as well with Own Battle System set to Real Time and the Start setting is set to Auto.

There is 1 enemy combatant in the scene.

I have a Control Map that if I press the South Button on my Xbox Controller it starts an Action Ability Attack with Use Auto Target and Auto Target Only and No Target Selection checked.

The Attack Ability is Usable in Both and Calls a Global Machine that starts my custom animations. Target Type Enemy Single with Own Use Range None for Field and Real Time. Damage Dealer Settings has the correct tag I named "weapon". On use it should set my status value CP (CombatPoints) to 0. Target Changes ignores IsEnemy and subtracts status value HP using the Physical Damage Formula.

Here is a Video Showing the above set up.
    At 8min when I enable the Interaction Machine is what I'm trying to accomplish using the Control Mapped Attack Ability.

Portfolio - My Website
    Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
    relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
    Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • @Dre788
    Not sure about the equipment slot sub menu yet.

The error looks like text code replacement for at least one of your equipment causes a loop. Are you using any equipment text codes e.g. in the name or description? Like, using the equipment's description text code in the description would cause a replacement loop.

@relenting_1
    Hm, setup looks ok - is the enemy alive?
    Since the attack ability requires a target, it'd not fire if no alive enemy is around.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: The error looks like text code replacement for at least one of your equipment causes a loop. Are you using any equipment text codes e.g. in the name or description? Like, using the equipment's description text code in the description would cause a replacement loop.
    Ah, I see. I really did put a text code in the description of an item from the same item. I see that's not a good thing to do. Problem solved.
  • edited September 2021
    The combatant is showing isDead False and has 10HP. I was hoping to be able to fire off the attack ability even with the enemy targets not in the scene like sword swinging Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time for example. Image

Edit*** redid the Control Map and Real Time Battle set up again from the beginning and everything is working as intended! Not really sure what was happening before but if I had to guess maybe it wasn't recognizing the enemy as being an enemy.

I also figured out that I can have a PassiveEnemy that doesn't take damage and is invisible to to camera be placed at the feet of my player. This way I can have the player attack whenever even if there are no "real" enemies in the scene. Unless there is a better way to do this, this will do!
    Video of it all working now.
    Post edited by relenting_1 on
    Portfolio - My Website
    Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
    relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
    Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • Im having some troubles with the abilities...im getting some weird errors when combatants learn a New created ability example "first aid" ... when the combatant join my group the game Stucks. Getting error messages like abilityshortcut.GetLevel () at <3d991488be4e4c5fb721167554d48b16>;0)
  • @relenting_1
    Depending on the ability and how it does damage, you can have it set up as an ability without targets. E.g. using damage dealers to do damage allows you to swing around the sword and damage whatever it hits :)

@shay91
    Can you post the complete error message from your Unity console?
    You can just mark and copy the text in there.
  • @gil
    When i restart unity then the abilities working.(after creating them).
  • edited September 2021
    Is the shake node(s) working correctly? When I set the intensity and attempt to shake a camera, the position only moves in between -1 and 1. I need the shake values to be larger in order to actual see the shaking happening. But I don't see any option to multiply the intensity.

Edit: Also, if I use "\n" in a string variable it doesn't format correctly in text mesh pro. It should create a new line but it just shows up as one line with \n in the middle. I do have Parse Escape enabled in the project settings if you're wondering.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • edited September 2021
    @Dre788
    Is your camera control blocked during the shake?
    Otherwise shake and camera control will somewhat cancel each other out.

Adding "\n" to a string variable can't add a new line, since what you're adding are the characters "\" and "n", not the (combined) character "\n" for a new line. You'd have to add the actual new line character, maybe via copy-paste or some unicode input (ALT+numbers).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited September 2021
    @gamingislove
    I tried using the shake node in an empty project without any camera controls and it gave me the same results. The values don't change from -1 to 1 as it shakes.

I fount out text mesh supports < br >, so I can use it instead of \n to get the line break in a string.
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • edited September 2021
    @gamingislove

Hey! I'm brand new here. I've been prototyping a game in RPG Maker MV for a couple years, and after taking a Udemy course to learn some C# I officially decided I want to make the jump to Unity with ORK and Makinator.

I wanted to ask for some advice here first, though since ORK 3's beta is ongoing. Would I be better off starting off in the ORK 3 beta with my project, so I don't need to worry about converting from ORK 2? Or should I stick with ORK 2 since it's more stable and has been around longer?

Thanks!
    Post edited by LostForest on
    Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.