Is there a way I can easily set up an automated turn-based battle without the battle menu present? I want everyone to auto-attack targets based on certain variables.

I tried setting up a game event with Use Battle Action (Actor 0: Attack) and then assigning this to the Player Event ref in Turn Start Events in Combatant Settings under Battle Settings but the battle is still manual unfortunately.
  • You can have your player combatants AI controlled as well.

Enable AI Controlled and AI Controlled Player in the combatant's Battle Settings > AI Settings to have your player group and the player itself controlled by battle AI instead of issuing commands via battle menu (or control maps).

You can even switch between AI controlled and manually controlled via the event system (Change AI Controlled node).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Perfect! I didn't think to check AI Settings. I'm assuming I'll be able to also define their logic (tank, dps, healer etc...) via the AI settings and event system. I'm pretty excited to get stuck into that part next! :D
  • Yes - they'll use the battle AI you've defined for them.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!