I like how Makinom can use custom float variables in a value bar display, what ORK can't do. Unfortunately, ORK has 'Count to value' for Status Values, which allows smooth bar progression and Makinom doesn't.

And I don't want to use fake status values for basic float variable in a combatant HUD bar, to get that smooth transition.

Is there currently a way to do smooth progress bar that ticks every second in Makinom?

By ticking 'Use Display Value' I can't see any option for that. I'd have to set an event, that adds minor values e.g. every 0.1s, which is too demanding.
  • For that, you'd have to use a schematic that fades a value over time - there are a bunch of float value nodes available for that (Add >Value > Float).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2021
    No idea how those work honestly. None of them actually 'Fade' a float variable value. The smooth steps are mostly interpolation between two values, mostly used for moving objects in the scene.

I need to fill a simple value bar. Imagine stopwatch, counting from 0 to 60seconds. Global machine ticks every second by a value of 10. Tried to set it up with multiple values, nothing works. It just counts numbers in a weird way.

Can you please provide an example of how this might be possible with the above mentioned nodes?
    Post edited by Machal on
  • For a stopwatch, you can tick it each update instead of every second - adding the delta time.

Generally, fading a float value requires a tick machine updating each frame, e.g. with a Float Smooth Damp node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2021
    So how do I set the node up?

I need it to tick from 0 to 60 every engine, there are 5 values in that node, nowhere explained, no tutorial.

Current Value: 0
    Target Value: 60
    Smooth Time: (no idea what this is, left 0)
    Maximum Speed: Math/Infinity (speed of what???)
    Delta Time: (not a coder, know that it's some time, but again, nowhere explained so no idea, left 0)

After confusing rounds of random values, nothing works, it just gives me the variable in thousands every frame from the Tick Machine....

I doubt anyone here knows how it works, since most of your customers are not coders...your product desperately needs a perfect tutorial.

Post edited by Machal on
  • The node basically uses this Unity functionality.

Current Value: This is the current value that's faded, so usually you'll use the variable you store the faded value into.

Target Value: The value you fade to, e.g. if you change the value from 10 to 20 and want to fade that, 20 is the target value.

Smooth Time: The time used to smooth the changes, usually you want to use a low value, e.g. 0.1 or 0.3, etc.
    You can experiment with that to get something that works for the values you're fading.

Maximum Speed: The highest change that can happen per update.

Delta Time: The time used for fading, defaults already to the delta time (of the current frame).

Generally, this is a more advanced topic. Easier fading nodes (using the usual interpolation selection) might be available in the future, though that's currently not a focus :)