edited July 2014 in Announcements
And here it is: release notes

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been busy with some contract work, so not that many new features yet - but some cool stuff in there. Release End of July!
  • Plugin System
    ORK Framework gets a neat new Plugin system :)
    The settings of a plugin can be set up in the ORK Framework editor and will be saved and loaded with the rest of ORK's data. Plugins can be called from the main menu and event system and have some special functions that can automatically be called (e.g. when ORK is initialized, on each Update tick, etc.).
    The full version of ORK Framework will include a plugin template to get you started.
  • Game Settings: Raycasts
    The new Raycast Type setting allows selecting what type of raycast will be used in ORK. You can either use 3D, 2D or a combination (3D first or 2D first).
  • Abilities, Items
    Some improvements to raycast targeting. Also, the new setting Auto Target (by default enabled) will use a nearby combatant for targeting. If disabled, the screen center will be used.
  • Battle Spots
    Set Rotation and Set Scale settings available for the individual battle spots. You can now set the default spot's rotation/scale as well :)
  • GUI Boxes
    The Select Unfocused setting for choices allow directly selecting a choice in unfocused GUI box (the box will be focused in the process). If the setting is disabled, you first need to focus the box by clicking in it.
  • Event System: Spawn Steps
    The Destroy Player step is now also available in Battle Start and Battle End events.
  • Mecanim Animations
    The Trigger parameter type allows setting (new) trigger parameters in animators, pretty useful, because they're a set once flag to play an animation :)
    Also, a Duration setting is coming to define the duration for mecanim states - but it's only used to determine a wait time in event steps (since there still is no way to get the duration of a state ...)
  • Event System: Base Steps
    The new Raycast Object step allows adding a game object to the Found Objects list when it was hit by a raycast.
    The raycast can either depend on the user's input (mouse/touch) or just be fired when the step is executed. Raycast settings similar to target raycasts from ability/item (i.e. the source can be the screen or an event object).
  • Event System: Variable Steps
    The new Raycast to Variable step will set a Vector3 game variable to the hit point of a raycast.
    Like the other raycast step, just with variable :)
    The Spawn Prefab step can now spawn prefabs at the location of a defined position instead of using an event object. Since it's the usual Vector3 selection field, you can also use a Vector3 game variable here :)
  • Shops
    Shops can now block the move AI of all combatants or only the move AI of the shop's game object.
  • Shop Interactions
    Like Event Interactions, shop interactions can now also do player/event turns upon interacting.
  • Move AIs
    The new Hunting Range settings optionally let a combatant only hunt within a defined range of his start position (i.e. spawn position).
  • Logs, Menu Screens
    Logs can now display Portraits in menu screens. Log texts can override the log's portrait.
    The Log menu screen part can display the portraits in the log selection and log info display.
  • Input Keys
    The new input handling type Any receives the input on down, hold and up.
  • Save Game Menu
    You can now set the save slots also to 0, only allow using auto save games and retry.
  • Item Collectors
    The new Destroy Collected setting (only for single/random type collectors) handles if the whole game object will be destroyed when an item is collected.
    If enabled, the object will be destroyed, otherwise only the item collector will be removed
  • Game Settings
    The new GUI Padding setting allows adding a padding to the border of the screen when placing the GUI.
    The new GUI Anchor setting can be used for GUI placement when dealing with different resolutions and aspect ratios. E.g. using GUI scale mode Scale to Fit with the Middle Center anchor will make sure that the GUI is placed nicely in the center of the screen and shows the whole GUI.
  • GUI Layers
    The Use Full Screen setting will ignore the GUI settings and use the full screen for placing GUI stuff on that layer. Will use Stretch to Fill GUI scaling.
    Useful if you want to make sure that menu backgrounds will cover the whole screen :)
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • cant wait to play with the Plugin system!
  • Good stuff! But may I ask what exactlyis the Plugin System?
  • O..M..G cant wait!
  • Ooh, consider me interested in the plugin system.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @Griffin
    You can create extensions for ORK Framework without touching ORK's code. This way, you don't need to redo your stuff when a new ORK version is released :)
    Also, this allows you to do your settings and save/load them with the rest of ORK's data - and automatic call of predefined functions upon certain events in the running game.

Currently the following things will call a function in the plugin:
    - when ORK is initialized (e.g. for doing some initialization in the plugin)
    - when starting a new game
    - when loading a save game
    - Unity's update routine (optionally, for regular tasks in the plugin)
    - Unity's GUI update routine (optionally, for custom GUI stuff)
    - when a scene has been loaded
    Also, there is a Call function that takes a string with information as parameter, this function can be called from the event system (and from custom main menu choices) to trigger stuff in the plugin.

Let me know if there's something else that you'd need for automatic function calls from ORK :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2014
    whoa... this is amazing!
    Post edited by SteveS on
  • I'm not advanced enough or far enough along yet to fully understand the implications of the plugin system right now, but from everyone else's reactions, I'm going to assume it's pretty great. =)
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • @JellyPaladin Yea I don't entirely understand it myself!
  • edited July 2014
    Does this mean I can somehow add NGUI as a plugin if I want to?

Or Prime 31's stuff from the Unity Asset Store to add iAd and GameCenter and StoreKit and other stuff to your game? Not that my players would want that but just asking. : )
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Also coming:
    • Mecanim Animations
      The Trigger parameter type allows setting (new) trigger parameters in animators, pretty useful, because they're a set once flag to play an animation :)
      Also, a Duration setting is coming to define the duration for mecanim states - but it's only used to determine a wait time in event steps (since there still is no way to get the duration of a state ...)
    • Event System: Base Steps
      The new Raycast Object step allows adding a game object to the Found Objects list when it was hit by a raycast.
      The raycast can either depend on the user's input (mouse/touch) or just be fired when the step is executed. Raycast settings similar to target raycasts from ability/item (i.e. the source can be the screen or an event object).
    • Event System: Variable Steps
      The new Raycast to Variable step will set a Vector3 game variable to the hit point of a raycast.
      Like the other raycast step, just with variable :)
      The Spawn Prefab step can now spawn prefabs at the location of a defined position instead of using an event object. Since it's the usual Vector3 selection field, you can also use a Vector3 game variable here :)

@Catacomber
    NGUI not really - that's a bit too complex to solve it that way :)
    Don't know the other stuff ...
  • Ooh, the Spawn step will come in handy. Raycast and Mecanim steps are looking good as well!

Any chance of the increased Auto-Save functionality (Choose a Save Slot in the beginning of the game, all Auto-Saves will correspond only to that chosen save slot) coming in 2.1.4?

Currently I can't have the Auto-Save function as the only save slot in the game; being forced to have at least one normal save by default, it seems.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • I don't really need NGUI support. Right now the Unity GUI is working for me very well as long as I tweak the max size of files and shaders.

And the Prime 31 stuff that integrates Unity with Apple's iAd and GameKit and in-app purchases for Unity I think I can do through an event. : )
  • edited July 2014
    Other small stuff:
    • Shops
      Shops can now block the move AI of all combatants or only the move AI of the shop's game object.
    • Shop Interactions
      Like Event Interactions, shop interactions can now also do player/event turns upon interacting.
    • Move AIs
      The new Hunting Range settings optionally let a combatant only hunt within a defined range of his start position (i.e. spawn position).
    • Logs, Menu Screens
      Logs can now display Portraits in menu screens. Log texts can override the log's portrait.
      The Log menu screen part can display the portraits in the log selection and log info display.
    • Input Keys
      The new input handling type Any receives the input on down, hold and up.

@Kirb
    No, that's not coming in this update - but I'll look into why you'd need a save slot if you're doing auto saving :)
    Edit: Ok, the save slots can't be set to 0 - will be changed in this update :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Last batch of new stuff - release probably later today, or tomorrow :)
    • Save Game Menu
      You can now set the save slots also to 0, only allow using auto save games and retry.
    • Item Collectors
      The new Destroy Collected setting (only for single/random type collectors) handles if the whole game object will be destroyed when an item is collected.
      If enabled, the object will be destroyed, otherwise only the item collector will be removed
    • Game Settings
      The new GUI Padding setting allows adding a padding to the border of the screen when placing the GUI.
      The new GUI Anchor setting can be used for GUI placement when dealing with different resolutions and aspect ratios. E.g. using GUI scale mode Scale to Fit with the Middle Center anchor will make sure that the GUI is placed nicely in the center of the screen and shows the whole GUI.
    • GUI Layers
      The Use Full Screen setting will ignore the GUI settings and use the full screen for placing GUI stuff on that layer. Will use Stretch to Fill GUI scaling.
      Useful if you want to make sure that menu backgrounds will cover the whole screen :)
  • And here it is: release notes