Hello!

I've got a Turn Start Event right now that selects all the abilities of all the combatants in the battle group, then using that selected data, uses an "Ability Level Up" node to increase the level of the abilities by one. Unfortunately, it seems to level them to the max level.

Anyone know what might cause this?

Thanks!
-Bap
  • Hm, checked the code and the node definitely only levels up 1 level.

My guess is that the abilities are selected multiple times, which leads to level them up multiple times. E.g. a group ability would be selected from each combatant ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Strange. The ability I've been testing this on is not a group ability, nor is it learnable by more than one combatant.

To test it out, I made it a Turn End event with only two nodes. Right now my event is only triggered by the player at the end of its turn. There are two members in the battle group.

The event is two nodes, a Select Ability node and an Ability Level Up node. The first node selects all abilities of all combatants in the player's Battle Group. The second node is the Ability Level Up node, which uses that selected data with the combatant scope of the Player.

I added a bunch of levels (16, to be exact) to the ability i'm testing. Sure enough, the ability starts at level one, as it should -- then after the Turn End Event, it is at level 16.

I need all the abilities of the player's party to level up one level at the end of each turn. Not sure how else to do it besides selecting "All Abilities" in the Select Ability node, but I'm also not sure how abilities are being selected more than once, much less 15+ times.

Would this be more easily accomplishable with a script/custom node?
  • Hm, I did a quick test and it works fine here - each use of the event (e.g. on turn end of a combatant) levels up the abilities by 1.

What's the level setup of the ability? Each level's Level Points should be higher than the previous level's points (though that should be limited to that anyway).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ohhhhh! Thank you! This led me to the solution.

I had my level setup set to None, since Auto, Spend and Uses didn't seem to apply to my system and I wanted to handle it through an event. I did not know level points applied here since I wanted an event to push the level up.

So I had to make the Level Points incremental, like you said -- but for some reason I also had to set the abilities to Auto and create a new experience status value (that isn't actually used for anything) and set it to that. Leaving the abilities on "None" just meant they couldn't level up at all with incremental changes in their leveling points, or automatically to max if all the level points were set to 0.

Thanks for the help!