Unity 2021.1 was released recently - my initial tests (and compilation with it's DLLs) didn't show any changes that would impact ORK (or Makinom) so far. Seems like it doesn't require separate versions and keep to their current ORK for 2018+ and Makinom for 2019+ versions.

Let me know if you run into an issue with Unity 2021.1.
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I upgraded my project to 2021.1.3 and am having an issue where Global variable objects aren't persisting through events. I find/store/disable an object on Combat start and enable on combat end. Worked prior to upgrade so it may be ORK? Not sure though.
  • If you say global variable objects, I assume you're talking about the Global Objects?
    Can you give me more details on your overall setup, e.g. after storing the objects into global objects at battle start, is there a scene transition or anything else happening that could destroy those objects?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, Global Objects. I load an additive scene (battle scene) and find/store/disable the "adventure world" based on tag. At battle end I destroy all the objects in the battle scene and enable the adventure world. Prior to upgrade it worked great. Now it doesn't enable the adventure world. I'm still digging.
  • Hm, is the adventure world still in your scene hierarchy at that point?
    If it's just disabled it'd still be referenced in the global objects, but if it's gone (i.e. destroyed) there's no way to access it any longer.
  • Yeah it's just disabled. I don't destroy as it's a randomly generated world and I need to place the character back in it once I enable
  • I'll investigate.
  • edited April 2021
    Did some tests and works on my end - this is my setup:
    - additively load in a scene (everything under a root object)
    - battle start event stores the root object into a global object and disables it
    - battle end event enables the stored global object again

It shouldn't really matter if there's an additive scene load in the battle start event, as long as the game object is there when storing it and not destroyed before enabling it again.
    Does something else (e.g. another event) access that global object, e.g. setting it to a different object?

I could check it out in more detail if you can send me a small Unity project with your setup (where the issue occurs). E.g. upload it somewhere like dropbox and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com - you can reduce the project size by deleting the Library folder in your project's folder.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited November 2021
    And you can turn it on later, right??
    Post edited by JohnGreenCloG on
  • @JohnGreenCloG
    Could you elaborate a bit on what you're talking about? :)